Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Halloween 2015


Halloween 2015 has come and gone. We had a great and busy weekend filled with many fun activities! On Friday Lindsay had her Halloween Party. She brought cookies to share with her friends. I didn't sign up for her party so I wasn't obligated to be there for that one. Which was good b/c I was helping Colby's school at FARM Day. Luckily her little best friend's mom took lots of pictures for me. She got a lot of treats and from the looks of the pictures she had a great time. 
I stayed at Colby's school from 9:15-11:30 for his Farm Day. I had signed up to just help with the class since I knew I would be arriving late and leaving early. I enjoyed visiting with his teacher and getting to hang out with him. When I got there they were out on the playground. I missed their pumpkin patch time and at that point they were just playing. I was glad they had some free time to begin the morning. Next they had games. Again the kids mostly had the choice of doing what game they wanted. I mostly just followed Colby around and assisted with whatever game he was playing at the time. Their next event was Trunk or Treat. I was truly impressed with the amount of cars they had this year. It was nice to not only see school families and staff but to also have church members involved as well. The kids got a lot of great stuff and I enjoyed seeing everyone! The next activity was chapel. I love that they incorporate this into a fun day! This year Mr. Ryan is the one who did it. It was a lot like last year but its just so special that even on Farm day the Gospel can be shared. The last rotation was the Barn. The kids were SO excited about this! I was honestly glad they saved the best until last. Colby and I fell in love with the kittens. I was so ready to take one home...more on that later. Colby loved on the kittens, puppies, and chicks. He had a blast! I also got to visit with some of the moms during this part so that was cool too. Around 11:30 the kids were finishing up and heading off to lunch. It was also the time I had to leave to get Lindsay. Colby was going home with Makyrin from school so it was helpful that I didn't have to drag him with me. 
I picked up lunch for Lindsay and I and headed to her school. I arrived while they were still on the playground so I got to see her and her friends for a short while. We gathered up her stuff then headed to the pumpkin patch. I had signed up for that day to run the pumpkin patch. I was kind of dreading it but ended up really enjoying it and Lindsay was really good. She got antsy at times but for the most part was great considering the long day. We had to be there until 2. We visited with the other ladies and just had a good time. We sold a decent amount of pumpkins as well. When we finished our shift we had to go pick Colby up. We didn't stay and visit really I just scooped him up and headed out. 
We came home to relax and unwind for a bit before I had to straighten up my house and get ready for last minute Trick or Treating. The weather was forecasted to be rainy and bad on Halloween (saturday). The city of New Orleans ended up recommending that people go Friday instead.  
My parents and Randall and Elizabeth wanted to come over and see the kids Trick or Treat. I had to gt the house semi ready for company. they got here around 5 and we ate pizza then headed out. The kids had a blast trick or treating. This was the first time its just been them though...usually we have a friend. Its so funny b/c I think Lindsay gets WAY more into it then Colby. She has a blast and loves collecting all the candy. We went to as many houses as normal I feel like. We got home around 7:30. The kids were pretty tired after such a busy day. We luckily had them in bed around 8. 
Saturday was really Halloween. The kids and I were excited to have a Saturday with no real plans or places to rush off too! We had a laid back morning around the house and hte kids watched a movie. We made a quick run to the grocery but otherwise stayed home. I really think they liked the down time and time to relax and play with their toys. That afternoon Austin got home early and we got the house ready for more company. We had decided to keep our Halloween party scheduled. We got a last minute text saying Colby's friend Makyrin couldn't make it but my parents and Nijel, Mia, and Melody all came. It was nice to have some time with friends and family. The kids all get along great! Two 7 year olds and a 4 and 3 year old make for a wild night. They had fun though and that's all that matters! 

No comments:

Post a Comment