Thursday, November 19, 2015

Cleaning and Teaching

So our weekend was very low key. I love low key weekends if you haven't figured that out by now. I love just hanging out with the kids and letting them play. Saturday morning we had to get going though b/c we were going up to the church for the Thankful to Serve Day. I think its important not only for myself to serve and give back to our church and school but also for our children to grow up doing that. Colby got to be in on a lot of my mom and me cleaning and doing stuff at Metairie when we were over the nursery. Last year they were able to help out at the same event. The kids did really great! There were 5 total so I was glad they had some friends. We put them in charge of wiping down toys. Lindsay had a great time with Ebbie and Makylee. Colby and Makyrin also had a blast. Different parents took turns bringing them outside so they could get a fresh air break as well. 
We worked until about 11:30. We then came home and had lunch and just relaxed and watched football. We were all thankful for a quiet afternoon. 
Sunday Austin was working so the kids and I just went to 1st service. I taught and it was a nice Sunday. I had 7 or 8 kids. I was by myself though so I was thankful they were all well behaved. I love my little class though and getting to work with them. I also love that Lindsay has so many little friends. Again that afternoon we rested. I was thankful for a weekend with a lot of downtime. This season of fall is so busy so we try to enjoy the time we have at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment