Monday, November 23, 2015

Grandparents Day & Thanksgiving Feast

So another year of having 2 kids at 2 different schools means a busy mama. I am so thankful though for in town grandparents. We dropped Colby off at carpool and my parents planned to spend the day with him for Grandparents Day. I have never been able to see what all they do at Grandparents Day b/c I have always been with Lindsay at her school. I spent the morning helping set up for the Thanksgiving Feast. I did this last year and enjoyed it plus since I stay home I figure its a good party day for me to contribute since more work is involved. 
I always have fun hanging out around there too b/c i just love all the teachers. We got everything organized and set up and I was able to visit with the teachers and other moms. The kids mostly just played outside that morning. I love her sweet little preschool and that they are allowing the children to actually be kids. 
The actual Feast started at 11. The kids came in and did their little singing time. it was SO cute! This year Lindsay actually sang! She didn't get into it quite like some of the others but atleast she was participating! They were adorable! I am going to miss this school so much. Afterwards they sit down and eat together. Again so cute! During the week they help make the food which I think is so neat too! Lindsay actually ate more of the food then I thought she would. She pretty much tried it all except the green beans. After they ate the kids just enjoyed running around like crazy people! I let her do that for awhile while I visited with some other parents. Then it was finally time to head home. We came home and had lunch and rested. Colby had a great time at Grandparent's Day from what I hear too. We are all excited now about a week off of school and family time together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment