Friday, August 28, 2015

Girl Time!

So I am enjoying another week with some sweet girl time with Lindsay. There's that part of me that feels bad that we are having all this fun while Colby is at school but I also know we did TONS of stuff with him before she was born too! Anyway so here we are just trying to enjoy these moments with her while she is little. 
Monday-First Lindsay had a dentist appointment. Thankfully these are always quick and easy. They said her teeth looked great and there were no issues. We picked up some breakfast from PJ's and headed to the park. Two friends met us there---Ashley with her son Jackson and Tayna with her daughter Claire. I felt bad that Lindsay mostly played with claire and I visited more with Tayna but its always hard when there are more then 1 other friend. We had a great time though and stayed for 2+ hours. We were hot and sweaty by the time we left. Lindsay had a great time with her friends though! 
Tuesday- Lindsay and I decided to meet our friends Tayna and Claire again this time at the Algiers library for storytime. This is something we used to do a lot when Lindsay was 1 but for one reason or another haven't been in awhile. It was fun going with a friend. I think Lindsay enjoyed it more b/c of that. 
Wednesday- AGAIN Lindsay and I first started off our day with coffee and breakfast at Chickfila then went to a park and met our friends Tayna and Claire and Cindy and Layla. It was so nice outside. A cool front came through and left NOLA with 68 degree temp that morning! We ended up staying at the park 2 1/2 hours! The girls had such a great time and I had a wonderful time just visiting with the moms. 
I know it seems crazy that we have been doing so much with friends but I am trying to soak up this precious time I have with her at home! I am thankful for her sweet friends and mine as well! 
The afternoons have been pretty much the same with getting Colby and doing homework and cooking dinner. We've been able to play outside and take walks as well. 
Wednesday evening we also had Orientation for Lindsay's preschool. It was nice being back and seeing everyone for the first time since May. Its also bittersweet knowing that this was our last one...atleast for a few years ;) We are excited about all the new things happening at AUMC. We are also excited that Lindsay will get to have Mrs. Susan who was Colby's 4 year old teacher. We always enjoy a little night away as well. Even though its school orientation we get to go eat after and that's nice too. I know that she is going to love school again this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment