Monday, August 17, 2015

Weekend Roundup

Ah the joy of weekends!! Now that school has started I am remembering the sweet joy of a weekend! 
Friday Lindsay and I helped at the church all morning. We were preparing for promotion Sunday and Carnival Day for the preschoolers. She was a great helper and we enjoyed helping Ms. Laekan. I am thankful that since I stay at home I am available for this type of thing and i love that my daughter gets to serve alongside me! 
That evening we did our Friday night movie night! I also love having Colby home on weekends. After him being gone all week its so good to see him and hang out! We watched James and the Giant Peach. The kids loved it and I thought it was a cute movie as well! 
Saturday we were happy to not have any REAL plans! I love birthday parties and being with friends but I also love Saturdays with no commitments. We decided with no plans we would go to my parents house and go swimming. Now with school starting they don't see the kids at all during the week so they were missing them a lot. Plus I figure there are only a few swimming Saturdays left this fall I am sure. We also invited Randall and Lizzie over. It had been since July 4th that we had all been together and with our upcoming trip we won't be here for Labor day. We thought it would be fun to have a family hang out. They had errands to run so they didn't join us for swimming. As always the kids did great in the pool and are little fish. Randall and Lizzie got there and picked up lunch for us. It was so fun visiting and laughing with everyone! The only thing I hated was that Austin was working! We stayed for quite awhile just hanging out! That evening was very low key. 
Sunday was a BUSY day for us! Thankfully austin was off and could go to church with us. We had promotion Sunday. Colby promoted to the 2nd-3rd grade class! I cannot believe he's one of the bigger kids now :(. Lindsay stayed in the same class with me. She actually has this year and next. We had a busy day with our preschoolers. We had CARNIVAL day. Our class stayed the same except the ones that promoted up to Jumpstart. It was mostly boys and I will miss them but it was time for them to move on to big kid things. We have so many 3 and 4 year olds now they needed their own space. We had 12 just in first service and I think they had 4-5 2 year olds. Its so wonderful to see so many children at church. We had a great time although it was very busy! Thankfully I had several helpers but I still felt like a crazy lady by the time it was all over. We went out to lunch after which was nice. The kids love eating out on Sundays since we don't do it often. The rest of the day Austin mostly prepared for his trip! This week he is going to Atlanta. We will miss him! He hasn't had to travel like this in awhile. Hopefully the week will go well and the kids won't be too crazy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment