Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Welcome Back Daddy!

So even though we had a good week and the kids and I survived Austin being away we were all ready for Friday and the weekend ahead! 
Friday though Lindsay and I decided to spend a little girl time at Barnes and Noble before going home. It was a nice outting with her. I remember doing this with Colby and really both of them when they were younger. It was a sweet time and she enjoyed just looking around. 
That evening Austin actually got home WAY earlier then expected. He arrived while the kids were having their baths. We got to do Movie Night as a family! It was so great having him home! The kids were also so excited! 
Saturday we looked forward to having a family day. Normally we might have tried to do something big or go somewhere but with Austin gone all week we had so much to do at home. We did go to the mall to order Colby some new glasses. We spent a couple hours there just walking around and ate lunch. It was fun...not something we do very often. That afternoon we stayed in and relaxed. It rained so it was nice to just slow down and not do much. We ofcourse watched the SAINTS game that evening. The kids stayed up for the first half and were extremely hyper but it was fun! 
Sunday was another very busy day for us! We did our usual first service. I taught and we had 10 kids. Lately though I feel like things have been really going well with teaching. I dunno if its b/c we switched rooms and I feel like I can do things more orderly or what. I also now have all 3 and 4 year olds so that makes things easier too! We stayed for the 2nd service as well this week. The church was having their annual lunch and celebration for the school. We brought the kids in church with us. We do this b/c 1 they have already sat through their classes and I don't really want them to repeat the same thing plus 2 they are old enough to learn to sit in church and 3 I think its important to sit in church as a family on occasion. I am glad that our church has the children's worship option but I also do enjoy worshiping as a family sometimes too. The kids usually do pretty good. They get antsy but that's to be expected for young kids. The lunch after was great. We got to visit with several of Colby's friends and their families. Always a sweet time. 
The rest of the day was very low key and we were all pretty tired. Thankful for another weekend with both my boys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment