Saturday, August 8, 2015

Weekend Slow Down

We got in Friday from Hattiesburg and that afternoon and evening we just unpacked and relaxed. It felt so great to be home and know we didn't have to be anywhere that night. We didn't even do Friday Movie Night with the kids. We figured they had had so many late nights with the trip and all that they needed to go to bed early plus mommy and daddy wanted some down time. 
Saturday my parents offered to come pick up the kids so I could do my grocery shopping SOLO. I was so thankful for this offer. Not that my kids are really bad in the store...its just so much easier to focus when I am by myself. Plus if we only grocery shop they don't really get their energy out either. My parents brought them swimming. I hated to not be able to go but we were out of food. I picked them up at lunch time and we just enjoyed a low key afternoon. That evening I got out for a MOM's Night! I had made plans with my friends Melody and Ashleigh. These are Colby's 2 best friends moms. We see each other a lot between school and church but we have never just done something as MOMS! It was an awesome night and something I definitely needed. We stayed out for 3 hours! It was so fun and refreshing! 
Sunday was super busy for us! Austin was off and able to go to church with us which worked out well. It was a very busy morning though. I had 15 kids in my class!! He stayed to help me thankfully! Its a good problem though to have so many kids and new families! For so many kids though they were all well behaved and I didn't feel too crazy after. We went on to the 2nd service after. Our plan when I started teaching was to stay for the 2nd service twice a month but this summer it just hasn't worked out that way. Austin and I were able to go to church together in July. This Sunday they were doing the Lord's Supper so we wanted to bring Colby into church. This would be his first official time since he was baptized. The kids did really well in church and I was proud of them. It was a long day though. By the time we got home it was after 1:30. We were exhausted. Colby had gone home with my parents to spend the night though. Probably a good thing b/c Austin had to go into work so it gave me some down time with just Lindsay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment