Friday, August 14, 2015

BACK 2 School

So this week Colby started back to school and we have made it half way and we are finding our back 2 school groove! The waking up early has been an adjustment and I do miss my boy but I think we are liking getting back to "This life"
So Monday Colby only went to school for a 1/2 day. We went to Chickfila for an early lunch with Lindsay's friend Claire. I wanted to do something special for her since so much fuss has been put on Colby lately and starting back to school. I think she enjoyed the mommy/daughter time and playing with a friend. I also had a moment of weakness and got them both chocolate shakes ;) It was nice to have him home in the afternoon. I honestly wish every Monday was a 1/2. I told Austin I really think it would increase productivity in students and teachers. Plus I love having him home for those extra hours. 
Tuesday Austin was off. We had a busy start to our morning though. Late Monday night Allie got hit by a car. We were so worried. With Bailey just dying about a month ago it would be so hard to lose or have something happen to another pet this soon! Luckily we brought her to the vet first thing Tuesday and she was FINE! Just a little sore and a couple scrapes. So relieved! Afterwards Austin and Lindsay and I went out to Lakeside. It was fun to do a little shopping with just our girl. We for sure missed Colby but it nice and calming only having 1 kid! We got them a few things for our upcoming Disney trip. We ate lunch out there and just enjoyed the morning. That afternoon we enjoyed hanging out. With no homework or anywhere to go its nice to have long evenings. We had home cooked burgers and just hung out. We let the kids play outside for a bit even though its been SO hot! 
Wednesday Austin was off again but Lindsay and I had already set up a girl's day. Plus since he had hung out with us Tuesday I knew he would enjoy some time at home plus he needed to do yard work. We dropped Colby off then went to get PJ's. We've been doing this since she was 1. I love the girl time! I hope she still wants to get coffee with mommy when she is 13! Our friends Melody and Mia met us as well so it was nice to visit. We then went to the Children's Museum to play. Again I try to have some special outtings with just Lindsay once Colby starts back to school. I always feel a little bad but I know he had me to himself for 3 years! The girls had a blast the museum. Our friends Cindy and Layla met us there as well. It was so fun watching Lindsay play with her little best friends. That afternoon we once again had a low key day. 
Thursday Austin was back at work and it was once again a mommy and Lindsay day. Although we just went grocery shopping and came back to the house. Lindsay does really well playing at home alone so we enjoyed the down time! We have had a full week! I think we are enjoying the school routine although we miss Colby. Its nice getting out early and getting so much done! We also haven't had anywhere to be at night so we've enjoyed some family down time. 
This weekend we have no HUGE plans other then swimming and church so that'll be nice too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment