Saturday, August 22, 2015

Days without Daddy

So this begins our week without Austin in the house. Its been awhile since he's left us especially for 5 days! He's had to do that a few times in our marriage but thankfully not many! He left for work this morning at his usual time and will not return home until late Friday. I just keep telling myself it could be worse! 
I know with school and other activities that we will keep busy this week so it should be fine. 
Monday- We brought Colby to school then we had a fun morning of errands planned. We stopped first at PJ's to fuel up ;) I am really going to miss our coffee mornings! I hope there will still be days we can do that even as she grows up! We went to the library next. She loves going and picking out books. She even wanted to sit in a chair and read one. Something Colby has NEVER wanted to do! Then we went on Target. Even with all of that we were home by before 11. It was nice to have a low key rest of the day with her. I let her watch a movie from the library while I worked around the house. That afternoon we finished Colby's homework in a short amount of time then they played. We had a good night and everything went smoothly. We even were able to take a walk. 
Tuesday- Beaux had a checkup appointment that morning so Lindsay and I brought him in right after dropping Colby off. He got a good checkup the vet just said he was a little overweight but we knew that ;) Afterwards we brought him home then went and met our friend Melissa and baby Emma at Chickfila. I know it seems like we do that a lot but Chickfila is the easiest place to go with children. It had been awhile since she and I had met up. It was great to catch up and be able to spend time with Emma. We missed the big kids but it was nice to have some mom time. Lindsay also loved the breakfast and time to play. That afternoon we did the same thing rest, pick Colby up, ate dinner, and went for a walk. I am glad I have been able to keep up the walking while Austin is out of town. With all the rain Colby hasn't had recess so I want him to have some type of physical activity/outlet plus its just good for us all and it helps the evening pass by. 
Wednesday- We had a good day on Wednesday. Lindsay and I had a playdate scheduled with her friends Layla and Claire. We met up at the Monkey Room. I was glad to finally get to go! Although sad Colby missed out! I kept saying I would take them this summer and we just never got around to it. Lindsay had a BLAST though with her friends! Its so neat to see her growing up and forming these little bonds with friends. They ran around for 2 hours! It was also great to visit the other 2 moms. It helped pass the day for sure. That evening we rested. My parents brought Colby home from school which is always a major help. Its nice when Lindsay and I can rest and not have to get out. My mom also brought chicken pot pie for dinner so that was great too! We ate but still took our walk. I was proud of us for getting 3 walks in this week. They really were sanity savers. Colby has missed recess every day this week so he needed some outdoor time! 
Thursday- This was a boring day. Lindsay and I had grocery shopping planned. Although shopping with just her is so easy! We came home after and just enjoyed the time around here. I love low key days and she plays really well at home and doesn't tend to get bored so that's nice too! That afternoon was filled with craziness though. First as Lindsay and I were waiting in line to pick up Colby there were gunshots. It really was scary! Lindsay had just in fact asked me to roll her window down which I did b/c it was cloudy out. Not long after I heard BANG, BANG, BANG! I quickly rolled the windows up. Soon after we saw all the EMS vehicles. I am still not totally sure what happened but someone was shot across the street at a redlight. Not sure why. Hoping it was isolated and they knew the person? Anyway needless to say it shook me up a little. That night though I promised the kids an outting to Chickfila. My parents also met us there. It was a nice outting and helped pass the time. The kids had a blast! I enjoyed not having to cook and clean up! 
By the end of that night I felt like I had conquered the week and was excited about Austin coming home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment