Sunday, August 9, 2015

Last Week of Summer

This is our last official week of summer! So hard to believe! This summer has flown by! I don't feel like we have slowed down much but that also means we have accomplished a ton! The kids got to do VBS, swim lessons, go to the beach, children's museum, Cool Zoo, Aquarium, City Park, dance lessons, tennis lessons, camping trip, trip to Hattiesburg, Colby's birthday, playdates with friends, park trips, etc! 
We have been VERY busy! 
Monday- We went to the park. I was thankful we were able to do this the last week. I know Lindsay and I will still get park days and I will bring the kids to the park on Saturdays but there's something so sweet and simple about just playing at the park. Our friends Casee and her boys Jax and Mason met us. The kids really had a great time. We stayed 2 hours! 
Tuesday- I had my last Bible study/book club. I know I will miss the ladies during August but it will be nice to re-gain another free day. My parents also looked forward to keeping the kids this last time before Colby heads back to school. Its been a great addition to our week! 
Wednesday- Austin was off so we wanted to do something fun with the kids. We let Colby pick since Lindsay still has a month off and we can do fun days with her. Colby chose to see the Minion Movie. We set out to Elmwood early that morning. We enjoyed the movie...it was a little long but the kids seemed to enjoy it. We then had lunch out then ran some errands before heading home. It was nice to have a family night that evening and not have anywhere to go. 
Thursday- I promised the kids a swim day! I feel like we have gone swimming more this summer then any other year. Its been awesome and for that my kids are fish and little gingerbread men. Its always great to spend time with my parents as well. The rest of the day we hung out at home. 
Friday- Oh Friday! What a busy and tiring day you were! So I promised a friend I would keep her son. He got here before 8am Friday morning. I knew it was going to be a little bit hard but I had no idea how hard. He wasn't exactly very pleasant most of the time he was here. I have never been so aggravated in all my life! I ended up punishing him twice. it was that bad. But we did survive and I am thankful I could help her out in a pinch. It was also stressful b/c Friday was our only "non fun" day of the week. It was the day I had to run errands and grocery shop. We managed to survive intact but I was quite worn out by 4 when he went home. We had a low key night. 
Hope my kids have enjoyed summer as much as I have. I hope they also know how much I will miss them as summer comes to a close. Especially Colby...its always hard at first to re-release him to someone else all day every day again. I pray he has a great year though in 2nd grade! 

No comments:

Post a Comment