Monday, August 10, 2015

Layla's Birthday Party

This weekend my gal was invited to 2 b-day parties on the same day at the same time!! Its always hard to choose one friend over another but we got Layla's invite first and it was located closer then the other. Layla is Lindsay's BFF from school. The other party was for Genevieve who is her BFF from church. I was sad we had to miss one but in the life of 2 kids and many friends sometimes that's the call we have to make. 
Anyway Layla's party was at Park Timbers Swim Club which I was super excited about. 1 b/c it was convenient to go to and 2 b/c I knew this would be a party that both kids would enjoy. I don't always bring them along to b-day parties it just depends on who it is and where the party is located. I knew though a swim party would be good for both. Plus the kids have been dying to swim in that pool! 
We arrived right at 11:30 and they were getting things set up. The kids were super anxious to play in the pool. Thankfully another friend has older siblings so Colby was able to hang out in the big pool mostly with them! I am so proud of his swimming skills this summer. He even dived off the diving board!! Lindsay was back and forth between both pools but did fine with her floaties. I didn't swim this time (female issues). It was HOT though! I was sweating so much! I visited mostly with Claire's mom and Layla's grandparents. I had hoped that we would be able to leave around 1ish but the kids were having such a great time I pushed it back until after 1:30. When I finally did round them up and get them out the pool Layla's mom begged us not to go until after cake time. Needless to say we weren't out of there until 2:30. 
The food was awesome and the kids ate great! They ofcourse also loved the cake and cupcakes! I was so happy to see Lindsay having so much fun with her little friends! She has missed them dearly this summer! 
We were all worn out when we got home so we watched a movie and lazed around the rest of the day! It was a great ending though to our summer! Colby starts school on Monday!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment