Wednesday, August 12, 2015

First Day of 2nd Grade!!





Oh my goodness how is it possible that Colby has started back to school and is now in 2nd grade?!? That is the grade I taught before he was born! Doesn't seem right! 
So we are excited about this school year. We found out a week ago that his teacher is Mrs. Jennie Gartmen. Funny thing is that I knew her from our old church from about 12 years ago! So funny how God works! I have to say we have honestly been a little stressed about the teacher situation due to what happened last year. I finally turned it over to God and knew He would provide and care for my boy and did he ever! I am so at peace knowing that I know her and she is a mom of two boys. She has teaching experience so I think she will be great! 
Last week we had orientation night. I felt like it was already old routine now that he is in his 3rd year of big boy school! On Thursday we had meet the teacher! 
I think he has been excited about starting school. I know he has missed his friends. 
Today was just a half day...I am glad its a gradual warm up. It would be hard to leave him all day. Even though its his third year I still get a little teary leaving him. When I spend 12 weeks with him over the summer and he's with me 24/7 its hard to let go again and turn him over to someone else. I prayed today though for the Lord to just watch over him. I am so excited that he has a few best friends to be at school and church with him.
He seemed pretty happy about the first day. He said the teacher left notes on their desk about herself then they had to write notes about themselves. They had lunch and recess so I think all in all it was a pretty good day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment