Sunday, February 14, 2016

Mardi Gras Break

So Mardi Gras break began for us last Friday. I am so thankful to live in NOLA and have this random week in February off. Friday was a busy day for me though. I got the kids to school then met my friend Tayna for coffee. We had a nice relaxing visit then went to see the girl's preschool parade. They had a parade and party. It was bittersweet knowing this was our last official preschool Mardi Gras parade. Lindsay enjoyed riding this year. She and her friends were so cute! 
After the parade we came home to rest awhile before time to get Colby from school. After school we had to stop at both banks. We then picked up dinner and came home. Austin was in the hotel for the weekend so we had a quiet night at home. My brother did come to back my van in and my parents came over to take a walk with us. It was nice having them do that---it made the night go by faster. I let the kids watch a movie and we just hung out. 
Saturday we enjoyed sleeping in and having a lazy morning. We did end up going to the park though. We haven't had many park dates lately so it was nice to finally do that. We went to one that we haven't been to in awhile. It was nice except this obnoxious mom and her 5 girls were super loud. They finally packed up and left. I enjoyed the rest of the morning with my kids. We went to lunch at Panera Bread. My parents ended up meeting us there since Austin was still in the hotel. It was nice having their company. We came home and had a pretty lazy day from there. 
Sunday we were off to church. Again another day without Austin. Church went well. I think we had like 8 or 9 preschoolers. After church we had to go grocery shopping! Ofcourse it was a madhouse with it being Bacchus Sunday and Superbowl but we survived. We enjoyed a low key afternoon after that. Austin got to come home that night which was lovely. 
Monday (Lundi Gras) was a pretty quiet day for us. We ran a couple quick errands to the library and to get a kingcake for our trip. The rest of the day we spent getting ready for our trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment