Friday, February 5, 2016

The Rest of the Weekend

The rest of the weekend was nice. We enjoyed our Friday night movie night and just enjoyed a quiet evening at home. That Saturday we were able to sleep in and enjoy a quiet morning at home. We then got ready and went to my parent's house for king cake baking and a parade. 
We ended up meeting some friends at the parade so Lindsay had Ebbie and Mia to hang with and Colby had Nijel. It was nice having people to stand and walk with. Somehow the boys got the idea of having a playdate afterward. So Mia and Nijel came back to my parents house after the parade. I think the kids all loved the parade and they caught a TON. Having the 4 kids back at my parents house was busy but it was fun! I was glad they had friends to play with awhile. We finished the kingcakes and had lunch and let them play a bit. By 2 I was ready to get home. We dropped off the friends and then came home for quiet. We have been so busy lately I was in need of some downtime! 
Sunday we had church and Austin was off. We decided to just go to first service. The morning went well we had 9 or 10 kids. After church we went to eat at Texas Roadhouse. We had contemplated some more parades but we were all tired and knew we needed time at home. We all enjoyed the quiet afternoon around here to prepare for the week ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment