Thursday, July 7, 2016

4th of July Weekend

We have loved having a long, summer weekend. A time to enjoy one another and be thankful for our country and just celebrate being American.
Friday we began the day with a swim at my parent's house. I am loving the fact that we have had more time to swim this summer. The kids are loving it too! We spent almost 2 hours in the pool! I feel like its also keeping us healthy! I strive to keep my children active! We had lunch with my parents then I actually left and they stayed! They both wanted to spend the night. It was actually nice having that quiet time. I haven't really been alone all summer so I was thankful for it. I came home and worked on scheduling Colby's b-day party with friends then took a nap. I was able to get some little projects done around the house. That afternoon I enjoyed some time outside working on my Bible study and doing some exercises. Austin got home around 6:30 and brought home burgers for us. It was nice to eat together and just be able to have a normal conversation. After dinner we took Allie for a walk. Its crazy how peaceful and quiet it is without the kiddos! That night we just watched tv and enjoyed the peace. I missed them but it truly was nice to get a break.
Saturday I got up and going about 7. I did enjoy the couple of hours I had to do stuff around the house before going to pick them up. I got them about 9:30 then we went grocery shopping. I always hate doing that on Saturdays but right now Saturdays are just like a week day to us usually so it was just as easy to go ahead and get it over with. We came home and just enjoyed being around the house the rest of the day. We had hot dogs for dinner and just chilled.
Sunday Austin started his days off. It was nice to have him off this Sunday after feeling so flustered last week. He ended up being able to go into church though and I was glad. Another dad stayed and helped me. The week went so much better. We had 9 but its amazing what just having 1 other adult in there makes it go so much smoother. Plus my own child didn't have a complete meltdown too! The kids are loving these creation lessons and so am I. We learned about the animals in the sea and sky. After church we left and had a little family outting. We ended up going over to Metairie b/c we had to pick up Colby's glasses. We first stopped at Zoe's Kitchen to eat. It was a nice change of pace. After we stopped at Petsmart then the glasses store. We finally got home around 12:45. We were all ready by that point for a nap! We let the kids stay up and watch Frozen though and we just all rested. That afternoon Austin got their pool out and let them splash around in that. Its just SO HOT y'all! That evening we had meat loaf, mashed potatoes, and corn. 
Monday was the 4th! I was happy Austin was off to enjoy the day with us. We were able to relax and stay home that morning...something we rarely all 4 do! We had planned our 4th get together for that evening since Elizabeth actually had to work that day. It was nice just sleeping in and having a leisurely breakfast. We made red, white, and blue french toast! It was so yummy! We spent time relaxing and also getting a few projects done. The boys ran errands the Lindsay and I just stayed here. We ate a light lunch then took a short nap. We got ready to leave around 2 to head to my parents. The kids swam with Austin and my dad. Once again I chose to skip out since I was dressed and had my shower that morning. So my mom and I got to visit. It was nice but it SURE was HOT outside. Once the kids were finished swimming we went inside to start preparing for dinner. Things got hectic and I thought my mom was going to go crazy. The grill wasn't working, it was hot in the house, and the kids were running around like lunatics. Finally Randall and Elizabeth got there and R got the grill fixed and everything came together. We were finally ready to eat about 5. It was nice to just sit and visit after we ate. I had no idea we would visit as long as we did though. It was 8 before we left. We briefly contemplated just driving to the levee to see the fireworks but the kids were both SO tired and I knew we had to wake up early the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment