Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Sweet Summer Days

Well we are marching on through July. Hard to believe! Feels like it was just May and we were just getting out of school. Anyway so on with our week! 
Tuesday- Austin was still off which was nice. I had to get up early though for Bible Study. The kids went to my parent's house so that Austin could get a few things done by himself. He kept them last week so I know he needed a break too. Bible study was nice. I am so enjoying the summer session. Once it was over I went to get the kids. Well things got a little nasty...I went to get them and neither wanted to leave. In fact they refused to get up. It aggravated me so much. They have been with grandparents a lot this week and I honestly think that's part of the problem. They had also been at my parent's house a lot and I had told them that morning that they would only be there for a couple hours then when I got there it would be time to go. Anyway we had a COME to JESUS meeting. I reported the behavior to Austin and he was mad too. Anyway once we got home and everyone had a moment we were able to carry on with our family day. We went to SAM'S to stock up on a few things. The kids are eating so much these days! I hope to start going there once or twice a month for certain things. After that we brought everything home then went to lunch at a Mexican place for lunch. Again eating out during the summer is just the best. We don't do it much during the school year so its fun just to be together. That afternoon we hung out at home. 
Wednesday- It was back to work for Austin and it was a super busy day for the kids and I. First we had the bug lady and our house keeper showing up. That always makes for a busy and interesting start to the day. I always feel completely flustered while trying to get ready while she is here. We finally got out the house and I took the kids school supply shopping. I still felt flustered and crazy. I enjoyed it but it felt rushed and knowing I was coming back to the crazy made it seem harder. The kids and I mostly relaxed and hung out since we had church that evening. Church went well but it was another night I felt crazed. I hate that feeling! Things were going great...we had a great dinner and Colby and Lindsay got to sit with Coach Stephen, Eli and Ella for dinner. I had a parent approach me though about not giving their kid a paper cup though for snack time b/c she brings a water bottle. That just left me in a tizzy and sort of upset. I knew my heart wasn't in it like I should be. We had 8 kids though so it was a full house! 
Thursday - This was another fun and full day! We had a low key morning then we went to pick up Ella for her to spend the day with us. We picked her up at 10:15 and brought her to my parent's house to go swim. The kids had a blast! I had fun too! Ella and Colby are both fishes and did so well. Lindsay is also becoming a fish and did super in the water. I loved seeing them have fun! We were in the pool about 2 hours. My mom even made home made pizzas for them. They were all starving after the long time in the pool We ate and had dessert before coming back home. I brought the kids back here to play. Colby and Ella mostly played in his room. I turned on Finding Nemo...mostly for Lindsay but they were in and out watching it. After the movie we drove Ella back home to her house. Once we were home we were all pooped. It was leftovers that night for dinner. 
Its been a great week and a great summer! I have enjoyed having them home and having playdates with their friends!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment