Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Hattiesburg and other Fun Things

Last week was a complete blur. As summer is winding down I find that we are trying to cram every bit of fun into these last few weeks. 
Monday- The kids and I had a stay at home day mostly. It was nice. Its been great this summer that we have been able to do that a few times. The kids seem to enjoy it and its allowed us to not be so tired and worn out. I mostly worked on laundry and packing and they played. It really was a nice day. That evening Lindsay had her dance class. Once again she is doing so awesome! I am so proud of her! After dance we hurried home to get our bags ready and meet up with Austin to head to Hattiesburg. We don't normally leave so late but now that the kids are older we figured they could handle it. So we stopped at Cane's before leaving the city though since by this point it was after 7. We finally got on the road near 8. It was crazy to be leaving this late but it was just what worked with our crazy summer schedule. We arrived in Hattiesburg around 9:45. We went straight to the apartment and immediately started getting the kids ready for bed. They were still 10:30 going to bed. We were all quite tired that night! 
Tuesday- We were up pretty early. It seems as if on vacation the kids do not know how to sleep in. We all got dressed and ready and went to Austin's parents house. We visited and hung out for about an hour. They wanted to bring the kids to ToysRUs to get Colby a b-day present and something small for Lindsay. So we let them take the kids and we went to Target to get a few things. We had to pick out presents for Shelbi and Maggie b/c due to our move and craziness of summer we never saw Shelbi around her b-day. We also knew with school starting on Maggie's b-day we wouldn't be back up there for that. So after our errands we met up at a local bounce place. Our kids had been there before but like when Colby was 4 and Lindsay 1. The place almost seemed juvenile now but they still had fun for about an hour or so. It was nice to just sit and visit while the kids played. After that we went to meet up with Wendi and the girls at Shelbi's art lesson. The place was super neat. Its called Southern Art. The front is basically like a boutique type store but in the back they have lots of old stuff. It was pretty interesting just walking around. We spent a little while in there before all meeting up and heading to lunch. We ate lunch at our usual Sweet Peppers. It was a nice time of getting to catch up with Austin's family and letting the cousins chat. Especially Maggie and Colby! They love to sit by one another and chat about Minecraft! After lunch we went back to his parent's house. His mom had made a b-day cake to celebrate all the summer b-days: Mr. Jim, Colby, and Maggie. That afternoon we just hung out over there. The kids all played and the adults rested and hung out. It was relaxing to just sit and relax. It was really too hot to do much else. Although by about 4 I had had enough sitting! Once Wendi and the girls left we took the kids outside. They played some but between the heat and bugs it didn't last long. We soon ate dinner. After dinner we decided to go walk around USM. One I felt after such a heavy dinner we needed a walk, 2) I was tired of sitting, and 3) its tradition that we go walk around the campus. I enjoy being up there during different seasons. After the walk we were all pretty hot and sweaty and headed back to his parent's house for cake. 
We left soon after that b/c it had been a very busy and long day and the kids needed to go to bed. 
The next morning (Wednesday) we all slept in a little which was great! We got dressed and went to his parent's house for breakfast. We stayed and visited a bit then decided to come on home and try to stay ahead of any rain. We got home and just enjoyed our day and night around the house. We decided to skip church that night. We knew we needed a night at home to just catch up and relax.
Thursday it was back to reality for us! I had a meeting at Aurora b/c I am going to be the music teacher at the preschool this coming year! I am super excited about the job! Melissa had also told me I could bring the kids since camp was going on and Lindsay's friend Claire would be there. We got there around 9:30. At first Lindsay was super shy and wouldn't talk to anyone. I was shocked that Colby went straight to playing and she was the one who held back. I guess it was weird for her to go back to "school" after 2 1/2 months off and then all her friends swarmed her. Well while I chatted with Melissa she hung on to me and sat in my lap. Once we were finished talking and the kids were about to go outside for splash day she warmed up. I was glad to see her go have fun with her friend Claire. Colby played with the older kids many who were his former peers in preschool. It was so nice to see them back playing on that playground. We stayed until about 11...then I dropped them off at my parent's house and quickly headed home. I ate lunch and took a few minutes to rest before going to my 1:00 haircut. I really hated so many things fell in one day. I really don't like doing so much in 1 day but it was just the way it worked out. I did enjoy my hair appt though and the time to relax and chat with Korey. Afterwards I had to get back to pick them up then head home and we had exactly an hour to hang out until it was time to get ready for Lindsay's dance class. Once again she did super! Needless to say we were all exhausted that evening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment