Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Weekending

So this past weekend we had a good time together. Friday morning we got going early so we could meet Lindsay's friend Layla for breakfast at Chickfila. Lindsay was so excited to see her since she hasn't seen her since VBS. They had a great time playing. I enjoyed visiting with Cindy and her mom. We stayed for about an hour and a half. Afterwards we made a quick stop at Party City for a few party things for Colby. This year we aren't throwing a big party...instead we are taking a few of his friends somewhere then coming back for lunch and cake here! That afternoon was very low key. We stayed in and the kids got a little crazy but it was nice to not be running out anywhere. They chose to watch Planes 2 Fire and Rescue for movie night.
Saturday we had a low key morning before heading out to the grocery. Again I hate it falls on saturdays but for us its really no big deal. We had lunch and rested before going to my parents house to swim. I let the kids and grandparents have it this week. I had female issues to contend with so I wasn't really wanting to get in the pool. It was nice to get their crazies out though. Austin also did the yard work so the kids enjoyed a little time outside that evening as well. 
Sunday was church ofcourse. I had a good day in preschool. I had 2 helpers and we had 11 kids. Things seemed to go smoothly and it just felt like a good week. We learned about God creating animals so I felt like that was a fun story for them. Lindsay ofcourse always has fun with Mia and Ebbie. That afternoon was very low key. I really try to make Sundays about resting. We came in and took naps after lunch and just enjoyed the time at home. I used to feel guilty about it but now I don't b/c even God rested so I think its ok to have a day like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment