Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Girls/Boys and a little Camping and Dancing

This weekend was special and very busy! It was nice b/c I felt like each kid got their time to shine and enjoy being the center of attention. So Friday after school Austin scooped Colby up from carpool and they headed off to go camping. This was a cub scout outting. I had truly thought about going as well but I knew with being sick and having so much going on right now I didn't and couldn't be out the house for 1/2 the weekend. Instead I looked forward to a girl's night with Lindsay. I picked her up from school and we stopped at the library. We rarely get to go now with her being in full day school. We used to go a lot the last few years when she was in preschool. She picked out SEVERAL books and was excited! After we ate an early dinner at Panera. We got home around 5:15 and I could tell she was already tired and wanted to wind down. She didn't even want to play outside. I turned on a cartoon for her and let her watch that until bath time. She even got to take a Princess bath in our big tub! She loved that! She picked out a movie at the library so that is what we watched for movie night. It didn't last long though so I had her in bed by 7:30. I think she was glad though. Poor girl was so tired! From what I heard from the boys they had a great time! They didn't settle in though until after 10:30. I think several families were late arriving. I was so thankful that Austin and Colby got there while it was still daylight. 
On Saturday she and I were up bright and early! Well I got up at 6 and she got to sleep until 7. I was thankful for that hour to myself to get ready and get some things accomplished. I even had time to sit down and work on my Bible study a bit. Once she was up we were in full gear of getting ready to head out! We got ourselves together and left a few min before 8! We had to stop and pick up our sandwiches at Rouses then we were on road. The trip up was good...it went by fast. Honestly it was nice to just be able to drive and listen to the radio. L was a great travel partner. We got to the campground around 9:15. I think they had just finished up breakfast. When we got there they were preparing for their hike. I think we left on the hike around 10. It was probably a 3 mile hike both ways. I was proud of the kids! They both did great but were so tired when we got back. I think all the kids were. We didn't get to see many animals really just an alligator and some butterflies but it was still so nice and peaceful in the woods. We walked up to the lake as well just to take in the beauty and scenery for a few moments. Once we got back to camp it was about 11:30. By that time it was lunch time and everyone was hungry. Since we were providing lunch we got everything set out. The food went FAST! Everyone loved the sandwiches, chips, apples, and juice pouches. After lunch we all sat and visited for a bit before people starting taking down and packing up their tents and supplies. We left around 1. It was sad to see it all end but I think everyone had fun but was also ready to get back home. We arrived back home around 3. It was nice to all put our feet up for awhile. That night we just hung out around the house. Austin made wings and we enjoyed some good ole family time! 
Sunday was church day! Austin was back at work so it was just the kids and I. The day went really well. Some times there are just those days of teaching where I leave so encouraged and uplifted. We had 10 kids and they were all so sweet and truly seemed like they "got" the lesson and just enjoyed being there! Those are the weeks that make the hard weeks worth it! I left really encouraged! I left at 1st service with Lindsay b/c she had dance class that afternoon. Colby stayed for both services and went home with my parents. I enjoyed a little more time with just her. I love having them both around but sometimes just having one and especially girl time is so great and relaxing. We ate lunch and watched a show and then it was about time to start getting ready for dance. We had arranged to ride over with our friends Cindy and Layla. It worked out so well and the girls had a blast! I was so glad we could re-connect and hang out! I think Lindsay had more fun at this class since she had a friend. I had more fun as well. Cindy and I went to PJs while the girls were dancing! It was so much fun! I hope we can do a repeat in December. This month they did Lion King. Next Month is The Nutcracker. By the time we left and got colby and got headed home Austin was home. We decided to just swing by and pick him up and go out to Cane's. Again it was just a nice time the 4 of us. After that we were all exhausted and ready for bedtime! It was truly a great weekend and I am thankful for the time we had with each of our kids and that they both got to do something special with friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment