Monday, November 14, 2016

Sweet Slow Weekend

So this weekend we had no plans on our calendar! Such a relief! It feels like these weekends are always few and far between! Its also extremely uncommon for this time of year. It started with Friday the fact that I had no plans. I could have chosen to run errands but I honestly wasn't feeling it. I came home right after dropping them off...something I almost never do! It was a lovely cool and cloudy day. I decided the first item on my agenda was to go for a long walk with our dog Allie. We probably walked 2 miles. It was refreshing just getting out and doing that alone. It was so peaceful. It helped set the tone for the rest of my day. 
Once I got home I spent my time working around the house but also resting. I used to feel really guilty for this but I have learned not to. The week is SO busy that sometimes I think God calls us to rest and Be still. 
I picked the kids home and we came straight home from school that afternoon which was also bliss. I could tell they were both pretty tired too b/c they really just wanted to veg out in front of the tv which I was honestly ok with. I think we all needed that time. Austin got in around 6:15 and we ate dinner as a family. With everything going on with his dad I am learning to truly treasure those moments as a family. He's been gone so much lately between work and trips to Hattiesburg that a night with all 4 of us at the table eating truly feels like a gift. 
We settled in that night to watch A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving with the kids. It was the first day that it felt like the holiday season was approaching. 
Saturday Austin was working but it was the first day in awhile that the kids and I haven't had something on our agenda. We decided though to go to the park and invite my parents to tag along. They don't get to hang out with us a whole lot anymore now that the kids are in full time school. It was nice visiting and watching the kids play. The weather is also beautiful and so fall like. After the park the kids and I picked up lunch and came home to rest. I was so thankful to not have any plans. Austin got home at about 4:30. It was nice to spend time with him and get some much needed things done around the house. We had dinner as a family and worked on Colby's book project for school. 
Sunday it was nice to have him home although hard knowing he was about to have to leave once again to go out of town. This has been the hardest fall. I hate seeing him so upset about his dad and we also hate having him away so much. He's had to go to Hattiesburg about twice a week for the last 2 months. Needless to say its getting old for both of us. He decided though to hang out with us and go to church before leaving. I was thankful for that b/c the kids really haven't seen him much lately. It was nice to sit in church too together. Lindsay also came into big church. She doesn't like the weeks I don't teach now so she requested to sit with us. I didn't want to fight the battle. I think she's feeling "old" for our little preschool class too. She was the oldest there last Wednesday night. i think she's ok with it when I am there but she doesn't want to do that when she might be alone and not have me. Poor girl I can understand! After church we went to Petsmart b/c we were out of all the pet supplies! I was thankful Austin helped us with that. We also went out to lunch. Again just thankful for the family time. After lunch we dropped him off at home and the kids and I headed out to Target to get the Operation Christmas Child box stuff. I hated it didn't work out this year for us to go as a family. That was my dream...in this season though I am realizing we just have to do the best with what we have and be thankful. I am just glad I could do this project with them. After all that I was pretty wiped out so we came home to rest and watch the SAINTS lose! Lindsay and I both fell asleep. That afternoon we finished up Colby's book project and just hung out around the house. We missed having Austin here. I felt bad b/c the kiddos hung out in front of the tv all afternoon/evening but with it getting dark early and me having so much to do we didn't get much outdoor time. Although I know sometimes God does just call us to rest. We had leftovers for dinner. We will be ready to start a new week though and just take each day 1 day at a time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment