Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Halloween 2016

I can hardly believe another Halloween has come and gone!! The years just pass so quickly! So this year Halloween fell on a Monday! The last time this occurred Colby was 3 and he was still in preschool and didn't have to attend school the next day. It felt weird with it being on a Monday and it being so hot outside. The kids both had a regular day of school which felt weird too! For the first time in many years no parties or special events! I had to grocery shop. I was glad Austin was home to help me with the preparations for the evening though. After I grocery shopped and put everything away I went up to Aurora to see the kids for their Halloween parties. I wasn't up there at all last week due to being sick. I really missed the kids! It felt so weird attending the parties but not having a child there. I mostly visited in Mrs. Breaux's class room and Mrs. Susan's. I guess I feel the most connection to them since both of my kids had Susan and Mrs. Breaux's class is the age Lindsay is. It was fun to see the kids enjoying their special day! Oh how I miss those simple times for my kids. I was able to help Susan out some too which I was glad. The kids spent the last 30 min of the morning outside so I just enjoyed visiting with the teachers. Once I got home Austin and I ate lunch and rested. That afternoon was filled with party prep! The kids got home from school and believe it or not Colby had homework! It took us an hour. I really felt bad for him! If I were a teacher I would definitely not give homework on Halloween night. Like I say last time it fell on a Monday he was 3 so we didn't have these issues! Luckily it worked out though and we got it all completed just in time for our company to arrive! We invited the Welbourne's over this year in addition to my family of course. We always invite my parents and R&E over and we also always try to include a friend. I would have invited more people but with it being a school night I figured most people wanted to stay close to home. Everyone arrived around 5ish. We ate shortly after that and the kids played. They were antsy around 5:30 to get going on their trick or treating but we were still waiting on Randall and Elizabeth to arrive. They got here close to 6. Once they ate we all headed out on our Halloween adventure. My parents and Randall stayed here as usual to hand out candy. It was different going trick or treating in a new neighborhood. I feel like the kids had a lot of fun though. We missed our old neighborhood and the many familiar faces. This neighborhood was really alive though with decorations and people just sitting out in their yards. It was like a big neighborhood block party. the kids had a blast! The only downside was all the mosquitoes! I probably ended up with 20 bites! that was a bummer! Once the kids filled up their bags and we were eaten alive we came back home. They were able to watch a short Halloween cartoon and eat 1 piece of candy before heading off to baths and bed. It was a great night! I felt like we did it really well for a school night! We had them in bed by 8:45 or so which wasn't terrible! 

No comments:

Post a Comment