Monday, June 19, 2017

Father's Day Weekend

Friday of course was the start to the weekend. The kids and I were able to sleep in and take our time getting ready. We had errands to run though. We went to Lowe's to get Austin a Father's Day gift and then to Target to buy a baby gift and a b-day present. We finished up our errands right around noon. We got in and I made lunch for us while the kids played. After lunch we all rested a bit then I got up and did a little cleaning then we headed out to my parent's house to go swim. Now that the kids are older its easier to go swim in the afternoons. We had also done this on Saturday. It works out well b/c we can still accomplish stuff in the morning but it keeps our afternoons from being so long and hot. The weather the last 2 days has been up to 100+. The pool felt great and we swam for 2 hours straight. Its so fun to see them like little fish. Lindsay especially has come such a long way! After swimming we picked up Chickfila and came home to eat with Austin. we had a picnic dinner outside. After dinner we cleaned up then we had our movie night. We watched the new Beauty and the Beast movie. 
Saturday was a fun day. Well we first got to be lazy and really enjoy the slowness of the morning. It felt great to be in our pjs until almost noon and just relax. I made muffins for the kids and they just played and lazed around. We were resting and preparing though for a busy weekend. Colby was invited to a b-day party for Makyrin that began at 1. We got him to the party and enjoyed visiting with the other parents and kids for awhile. I had been invited to a shower for my good friend Brittany that was from 2-4. Originally I wasn't sure how I would do both and we got the invitation for the b-day party before the shower so I knew that had to be my priority. Well when talking to Melody she volunteered to just bring Colby to me after the party was over. That was such a lifesaver! So Lindsay and I left the party and headed to the church for the shower. The shower was really nice. I got to see lots of old friends. i mean I see them around some but not all in one place. Lindsay was such a little lady and such a pleasure to have with us. I enjoyed just soaking it all in. It had been awhile since i had been to a baby shower. I cannot believe its been 9 years since I was having showers in preparation for Colby. So Colby got dropped off to me around 3:45 and she had just finished unwrapping presents so we said our goodbyes and headed home. We had spaghetti for dinner and Austin got home in time to eat with us. We had a low key night and the kids watched CARS before bed. They are so excited about seeing CARS 3 this week! 
Sunday of course was church and Father's Day. We went to the 1st service. It felt so strange arriving and not having to teach. We were running late though so I still felt a little crazed. We dropped Lindsay off upstairs for her first ever Sunday in JumpStart. She was really shy at first but I just had to peel her off and run. From what I hear though she did great. The service was great and it was an awesome message for fathers. The day was very bittersweet though b/c it was the Welbourne's last Sunday at church. Anyway after church I went to my parent's house with the kids. Austin had to stay and count and Randall and Elizabeth also had to stay to work 2nd service. I helped my mom get ready for the lunch and the kids played with my dad. We finally all sat down to eat I believe around 1:30. We enjoyed an afternoon of visiting and laughter. We didn't end up getting back to our house until like 5:30. Its always crazy when holidays are on a Sunday! It was a nice day though and I am thankful for all the men in my life. I'm thankful that I could spend time with my dad, brother, and hubby all in 1 day. We missed Austin's dad this year even though we typically wouldn't see him on Father's Day anyway but i know Austin missed just being able to pick up the phone and call him. Once we got home we got busy with some chores and then ate a light dinner and spent time outside with the kids.
It was a wonderful weekend and now we are looking forward to WEEK 4 of summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment