Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Week 1 of Summer

So here we are already winding down our first full week of summer! Its hard to believe. Well things have not stopped since Colby had Awards Day last Wednesday. 
Tuesday was our first day really in a summer routine mode with Austin returning to work. The kids and I took our time getting ready and they even began the day with some school work. My goal is to get them to do 15-20 min of learning each day. We will rotate between math/language activities. Colby has just been reviewing place value, rounding, addition/subtraction and sentence structure. Lindsay is working on counting and writing letters. We had to grocery shop. It was a busy morning once we returned and put all that away then I made lunches for them. We did have time to nap though which was nice before we headed out to Day 2 of swim lessons. When we got home I made spaghetti for the family. Austin worked late though so it was a pretty busy day for me! 
Wednesday we made plans to go up to the church and work on VBS stuff. I brought the kids with me. We pretty much just went through the curriculum that was printed and put that away and came up with a good game plan for the rest of the week. We were only there about 2 hours so that was nice. We got home and had some down time before lunch and swim lessons. That afternoon the kids did great again in swim lessons. We picked up McDonald's after for dinner b/c Austin was going to be working late. The kids and I took a walk even though it was raining. That's another thing is its pretty much rained all week! Their swim lesson was also cut short due to all the rain and thunder! 
Thursday was another work day for me at the church. This day I chose to let my parents keep the kids. I always try to balance the amount of time they spend up at the church. They enjoyed hanging out with them and swimming and such. It also worked out since we were having a teachers meeting and such. There were a few kids there but not really anyone my kids play with. I felt good about the day. We prayed over the classrooms as well. It was a sweet moment to just stop in the crazy and take that moment to pray over our teachers, classrooms, and kids. I left there and got the kids home and we once again had lunch and went on to swim lessons. The kids are still doing great. We came in and had white beans for dinner. Austin got in a tad earlier but still missed hanging out with us mostly. 
Friday was another work day. Again I brought the kids with me. We worked on making instruments and putting the curriculum boxes together. We picked up Chickfila for lunch. It was another day of getting home and having lunch and resting then going to swim lessons. I was so proud this day b/c Lindsay was moved down to the deep end for the first time. I was so proud of her! That afternoon Austin got home early. He met us home and helped cook dinner for us. It was nice to finally have a night together as a family. We did movie night with the kids and watched CARS. I was pooped by that night though. All the VBS prep and swim lessons really wore me out. 
Saturday we were up pretty early again. We had more VBS work to do. We met Patti Rae at SAM's at 9. We got the shopping finished in about an hours time. The kids were super and were actually great helpers and for that I was thankful. After SAM's the kids and I had to run to Target so we did that. After we brought all the stuff up to the church and helped make some instruments for the kids. By the time we finished I knew it was time for me to get the kids home. I hated to not stick around and help the teachers with their rooms but my kids had been up there a lot so I knew it was only fair to allow them to come home and have a day of rest. I needed it as well! The afternoon was very low key and it felt so good to not have to leave the house that evening. 
Sunday was church day. It was a very very busy day for me. I had to teach 1st service and Austin helped. We had 14-15 kids again. I am so thankful we are having so many kids but it feels like you can hardly get your head above water the entire time. I also found out that one of our VBS workers was out for the week due to pregnancy complications. After church Lindsay and I had a b-day party to attend. I was so tired and wishing we could just go home but it was for a good friend so I knew we needed to be there. The party was at Chuck E Cheese out in Metairie. First of all its a long way out there and secondly I hate Chuck E Cheese. Lindsay took a bit to warm up but she ended up having fun. It was for her little friend Makylee. It was her and Mia and Lindsay and they had a ball. I felt bad b/c the brothers were there too and we didn't bring Colby. I assumed it was only for the sisters b/c his name wasn't on the invite though so I hated to bring him in case she was planning for only a certain number. It was a nice party and I was glad Lindsay had friend time but I was honestly so glad to get out of that place. After having 15 preschoolers then going straight to that b-day I was burnt out! It felt so great to get home and be able to relax ...although my afternoon was mostly filled with vbs drama. It was an early bedtime for the kids which was nice so we could all be prepared for a busy week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment