Friday, June 16, 2017

Week 3 of Summer

Well we are officially starting our Week 3 of summer. Its our 3rd full week of summer! Hard to believe! Last week was of course VBS. 
So Monday Austin was off. The day started out with him having a dentist appointment. The kids and I stayed here and got some stuff done around the house. He got back and we had breakfast together before the kids and I headed out to go by the bank and grocery. He had a funeral to attend. We all got in around 11. We had thought about getting back out and going to lunch or taking the kids somewhere but shortly after we all got back the bottom fell out and it basically rained the rest of the day. We made the decision to just stay in again. Its kinda crazy that we had almost 2 full days at home b/c that NEVER happens but I think the Lord knew we needed it. I turned on Toy Story 2 for the kids and he and I went out on the patio to read and relax. It was so lovely. We sat and watched the rain. By 12 everyone was hungry so we made lunches and then all rested. That afternoon we basically did chores inside and hung out. Since we had some spare time on our hands we ended up making bread that afternoon. I was so excited to try it. It was a lengthy process b/c you have to let it rise twice but by the time it came out the oven that night it was so yummy. In between the bread baking we had dinner. We had chicken tenders, mac n cheese, green beans, and lima beans. It was nice to have a family meal together. We didn't get outside much b/c of all the rain. It was just an overall really relaxing day though! 
Tuesday I had a luncheon for my Women's Bible study to kick off our summer session. The kids were going to my parent's house to hang out. I was excited about just a little while to be with other ladies and not have my littles around. I love having them home during the summer but some days I do get weary when I don't have any breaks from them. So the luncheon was nice. Small but nice...we didn't have a HUGE turnout. I guess with people recovering from VBS and traveling. Anyway I did enjoy visiting with those who were there. I hung out at my parent's for a bit when I went to get the kids b/c they were still eating lunch and such. The rest of the day will be pretty low key. Its actually sunny today so we will probably try to get outside a lot. 
Wednesday was a nice low key day for us. The kids had swim lessons at 10. This was a make up lesson for them. Instead of them both swimming an hour they both got a 30 min session. It was nice to start our day with that. We got home and I got busy cooking lunch. We had a nice lunch and then rested. It was nice to chill. Gosh I have found myself so tired lately. I think my body is finally slowing down and realizing how tired it truly was from this spring and early summer. That afternoon the kids played outside some and I even made them work on a little school work. Before we knew it though it was time to get ready for church. This was our first Wednesday night in awhile. I think we had missed 2-3 sessions in May and then the church took a couple weeks off so needless to say my kiddos were quite ready to return! We had dinner there and they enjoyed seeing their friends. They got to eat and visit with Ella. Since I have no stepped aside from preschool ministry for now I decided to go help out in Jumpstart. Lindsay is now officially going upstairs! Its so hard to believe but it was time. Even though true promotion isn't until August. The Wednesday night class consists of a few 4 year olds and 1 or 2 two year olds which I just don't think is fair for her. She was a little shy and at a loss but then eventually warmed up. This little girl Mariah was up there. She was in my class a year ago so Lindsay got to know her. She is also 5 but just finished kindergarten. I am not sure if all of us being up there cramped Colby's style but I think he had fun being around other kids as well. It was a good night and I think the kids were tired once we got home! 
Thursday was a fun day for us. I had promised the kids a trip to the Children's Museum. They had begun asking me when we were going somewhere fun! Somehow they failed to remember camping, VBS, swim lessons, trips to Grammy's, etc. Anyway so I also had promised our friends who are in the process of moving to California that I would pick up their little boy and bring him with us. He's 4. So we got going yesterday and got to the museum about 10. We also met our friends Ashleigh and Makylee there. At first it was hard to get all 4 kids interested in the same stuff. We had a 8 1/2 year old, 5 1/2 year old, and two 4 year olds. I felt bad that Colby didn't have any friends but he seemed to enjoy being the oldest and still seemed to have fun. We spent a lot of time upstairs...they started in the grocery then played in the boat section for quite awhile then in the cajun forest section they played for awhile. After quite awhile of free play they wanted to go to the art room. The project for them was drawing fish and adding shiny scales on it like Rainbow Fish. This seemed to be something they all liked and enjoyed. After that they all decided they wanted to go downstairs. They loved the bubble and health and fitness section. I was glad to see mine play with some different stuff then they might do when we are there alone. By the time we finished with those exhibits it was time to go. It was noon and I wanted to get Jackson back home for lunch and my parking was about to expire. We dropped Jackson off then got home and ate lunch. It was a nice relaxing afternoon. We mostly hung out around here. It was so hot but I tried to get the kids outside for brief amounts of time. I cooked tacos and Austin made it home in time for dinner. So we ate then had some time outside as a family! It was really a perfect day! 
Its been a great week and we have so enjoyed not being so busy and getting into more of a summer routine! I cannot believe we are wrapping up the first 3 weeks of summer! 



No comments:

Post a Comment