Saturday, June 3, 2017

Memorial Weekend

Since we arrived home Saturday morning from our camping trip we basically hit the ground running. I got back Saturday morning around 10 and we dropped Ella off. By the time Lindsay and I got home and I got our things unloaded it was time to make us a quick lunch before I had to get ready for a funeral. Mary Ulmer who was an older lady in our church had passed away on Wednesday. I knew her pretty well due to the fact that she was someone who has basically always been in my life. Her son and my brother were best friends growing up. She's been in Bible Study with me for the last 5 years and I am pretty close to her daughter Pattie. Anyway I knew it was something I couldn't miss. Austin and Colby had stayed to pack up and clean up the camper so my dad came over to watch Lindsay while my mom and I went to the funeral.
It was a very low key low fuss funeral but there were tons of people. It was good to visit with many familiar faces. We got home and by then the boys were back. We had a really low key afternoon as we were all pretty exhausted from the last few days! It was nice to finally be together as a family and just chill.
Sunday was back to church. It was a nice Sunday b/c I didn't have to teach. Austin and I were able to go into church together. I feel like these days are so few and far between. It felt good. Lindsay went in with us too. She's just at this really awkward age of being too big for clubhouse but can't promote until the end of summer. So when I am not teaching she doesn't want to go in there. After church we had lunch at RiverShack which was really yummy. We then came home. It was our first normal Sunday in quite awhile. We enjoyed the day around the house to catch up from the trip and also have some downtime. 
Monday was ofcourse Memorial Day. It was nice having the whole family home and sleeping in. We had a low key morning. We did some stuff around the house then left around 10 to go to my parent's house. It was a quiet Memorial Day this year b/c it was just us and my parents. It was nice though. The kids and Austin got to go swimming. I had wished after we got there I brought mine. It was raining when we got up and still very overcast before we left. I don't really care to swim in that type weather. Well of course once we got over there though the sun came out and it was beautiful. Oh well I am glad the kids and Austin got to swim though. Soon after we got out and we had hamburgers and hotdogs for lunch. We visited awhile with my parents before heading home. The fun wasn't over yet! The kids had swim lessons at 3:30. This year I signed them up for hour long lessons. I was glad Austin got to come to the first one of the year too. They both did good but Colby did end up getting really frustrated. She had him learning a lot of new strokes and things and I think he just got overwhelmed. I am excited though to see what all they accomplish over the next 2 weeks. Once we got in I think we were all pretty tired. Austin ended up going to pick up fried chicken for dinner. We ate and relaxed and got everyone off to bed early. 

No comments:

Post a Comment