Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Back to Reality & Back to Work

So after getting in from Washington I feel like we all really hit the ground running. austin left bright and early Monday morning for Chicago. The kids and I were up early b/c I was subbing at Calvary that day. Wendy was there for the morning, but went home after lunch. It was a good and fun day. I could tell she was quickly worn out though so I was happy to relieve her. I had a good afternoon with the class though. It felt so good and so natural to be back up there. That night the kids and I came home. I made tacos and we did homework. We had a good first day without dad! 
Tuesday we were back up for the teacher thing. I once again was filling in for Lindsay's teacher. Again she showed up for the first half of the day then left at lunch. I enjoyed just being up there with her though. She's such a great teacher and we just get along and work so well together. When she left at lunch once again though we had a great afternoon. I mean I really feel like I got the easy part. After lunch they go to recess and their enrichment and all I really had left was snack, science, and nap time ;). not a bad gig! Anyway Colby had art that afternoon after school so we just stayed up there and cleaned up her room while we were there. We got in that evening and ate dinner and worked on homework. I was quite ready for bed that night! 
Wednesday was another full day! I brought the kids to school then I was able to come home for a little while. I was thankful for even a short time at home alone. Next up I had a hair appointment. That of course is always a couple hours. After that I had promised Lindsay's teacher I would come up to help so she wouldn't overdo it. It was fun just hanging out once again. I got there while they were working on stuff in their class. They had snack then went down for a nap. During nap she and I discussed graduation stuff. Once they woke up we practiced a song for it that I have been teaching them. We stayed for church that night as well. That meant a full hour of still getting to hang out/visit with her teacher which I enjoyed. Its so funny b/c no matter how long we are together we still come up with plenty to talk about. That night we went to church. I was completely exhausted after all that though. I was definitely ready to get in and get my littles to bed that night! 
Thursday I taught music at Aurora. That afternoon I was able to enjoy a little time home alone which was nice too. Lindsay had art class after school so I brought Colby to my parents. They were going to keep him and bring him to Scouts since austin was out of town. Lindsay and I had plans to meet her teacher and kids at Chickfila b/c her husband too was out of town. We ended up staying probably about an hour and a half. We had the best time. She had her son and his girlfriend there, her daughter who sat with Lindsay and she and I. By the time we got home I was ready to get Lindsay bathed and ready for bed. We were able to chill out a tiny bit before Austin got home. I honestly couldn't believe how fast the week went by! 
Friday I was busy again. I had breakfast with Virginia at Panera and ran a couple errands. I ended up going up to the school though after lunch to spend the afternoon with kindergarten. Lindsay's teacher planned a fun Friday and since she was still recovering from surgery I told her I would come help. Plus just hanging out with her and the class is so much fun I don't really mind it. We had a really good time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment