Wednesday, April 11, 2018

EASTER 2018

So last weekend was of course Easter. Friday the kids were off school. I knew I needed to get them out the house to enjoy the nice weather. We slept in then went to the park and hung out with some friends. It was nice having that little escape with them. That evening we had our Good Friday service at church. It was a beautiful church service. It was such a sweet time to gather with family and friends. After church we ended up going out to eat with Randall and Elizabeth. It was a late night but so much fun! Now that the kids are getting older I like doing stuff like that. Some of my fondest memories are going out to eat with groups of people after Sunday night church. Anyway we knew we had Saturday to sleep in so that was good. 
Saturday was a fairly low key day for us. We pretty much stayed home most of the day. I did take the kids to the library and grocery early that morning, but otherwise we stayed in and worked on Easter prep. It was a nice low key family day. 
Sunday was Easter! the kids were excited to see what the Easter bunny had left. They also enjoyed hunting their eggs. We quickly moved on though and started getting ready for church. This year we were there for both services. Now that the kids are older and we are in a season of life where we are able I knew I wanted to serve. We also had invited Morgan from Lindsay's class her family to church. They were coming to first service so I promised the mom we would sit with them. It worked out well and we were able to visit with them a bit. We also got to hang out with their teacher for a little while. It was such a sweet morning. Such a powerful morning. I then had signed up to teach in second service. I taught 2nd and 3rd grade. I enjoyed being upstairs for my first Easter ever. It was such a break from the downstairs chaos. I really enjoyed it. I had a classroom full of kids so I don't feel like I really got to teach much or get to know them, but they were a sweet bunch and I feel like kinder-3rd grade is my sweet spot. Anyway once church was out we quickly headed over to my parent's house for lunch. We did our usual Easter lunch over there. It was pretty low key though. Just us, them, and Randall & Elizabeth, and then Mr. Ryan. We had a good time though. Ofcourse we didn't get back home until almost 5 though! We just relaxed the rest of the day. I always find Sunday holidays to be so tiring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment