Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Walk-A-Thon & Easter Fun

So this week has been pretty busy. It was a pretty routine week. The only main stand outs were Tuesday I had beignets and coffee with some of the ladies from Bible study. It was nice to get out and have a girls morning like that. I definitely enjoyed the company. Wednesday I baked cookies with my mom for the kid's classes. 

Thursday was our busiest day! It was Walk-A-Thon and Easter Party day for the kiddos. I of course was signed up to help with the Walk-A-Thon...I also knew I would probably end up spending the entire day. Since teaching in Lindsay's class and being that her teacher and I are pretty much great friends now I knew it would be fun to spend the day with them. I got there and spent a few minutes in their room before it was time to head over to assembly. Wendy and I just work really well together. I think she was happy to have my help for the day. We are able to just really work together as a team. I think and hope I was a lot of help to her. Right after assembly the kids went right to walking. They were all trying to beat the rain since there was 100% chance that day. They walked for probably 45 min. I was in charge of marking the kids as they did their laps. I also got to visit with one of the dads and Mrs. Schifflin during this time. After they walked the kids rotated to different stations. Lindsay's class first played a kickball game. I just mostly tried to hang close and help corral the class from station to station. They also did a work out station. Oh and they had snack and free play as well. It was just fun being out there enjoying the time with the kids. Once they finished up all that we went out to the playgrounds for the obstacle courses. I had also suggested to her teacher that we go ahead and try to knock out the egg hunt while we were out as well. Anyway it worked out wonderfully...we got all the outdoor activities in before the rain. After the egg hunt the kids went back to class for a few minutes before lunch. I enjoyed eating lunch with Lindsay and all the other kids again. I even helped serve drinks..felt like old times. After lunch they went back to class and we did Resurrection Eggs with them and they watched a bit of a movie. After that they went to computer. It was nice to get a break during that point and get to visit with Mrs. Schifflin. We got everything ready for their "party" so when they got back the kids ate their snacks and then watched another movie. It was kind of a long afternoon, but we made it. I think we had all checked out. By one point the kids were building forts with their nap mats and Wendy and I looked at each other and just shrugged our shoulders. It was hilarious. Anyway we got through the day. The kids went to carpool. I hung out the entire time since Lindsay had art class after school. Colby and I just hung out in the cafe while they drew. 

It was so nice to finally get home at 5! I was exhausted and done!! I cooked spaghetti though and we let the kids stay up and watch a movie to kick off spring break! I was so happy to finally be in vacation mode!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment