Friday, March 30, 2018

My Birthday Weekend

So Friday was my birthday. It was a pretty good day...although as usual I was mostly busy just doing "mom" stuff. So that day I had been asked to sub at Aurora. They have tried to get me a couple times recently and I had been declining b/c I usually don't like doing the younger classes. Anyway I was asked to sub the kindergarten class so I said YES gladly! That age really is my sweet spot. not to mention its half day kindergarten and its only 5 kids. I had a blast. I like the classes where I can actually teach some. The morning went by fast! After that I came home to enjoy a couple hours of solitude before going to pick my kids up. That afternoon on the way home Lindsay spouted out that her friend Eden told her that her mom said she was smarter then me. Anyway this sent me off edge. I had to be calmed down by 2 teacher friends. Long story---I'm over it now. But basically this mom and I haven't been the best of friends ever since I took over the class. Well once I was over all that we went out to eat at Outback...that was really nice and fun. I even got a drink ;). That evening when we got home we relaxed and the kids played and then watched a movie. It was a really nice family night. 
Saturday I knew we should have a family day. That's what I wanted to do for my b-day. Since the weather was amazing we chose to go to the Zoo. We had such a fun time. It was pretty busy and crowded but we got to see a couple new exhibits which was nice. We stayed until about lunch time. By then the Zoo was getting crazy crowded and the kids were hungry. We just decided to head back over to the Westbank and have lunch at Chickfila. We also ran into some church friends. We came home to relax. That evening we had dinner at my parent's house. This year not only did we celebrate myself and Elizabeth, but also a girl Julie who my parents have gotten to know through church. It was a fun night. 
Sunday we went to church at Aurora. I had to help lead the littles in singing. It was a wonderful morning. Even though I greatly missed my own church its always nice for a change of pace I think. After the church service they had their annual Easter Egg hunt which the kids enjoyed. We ate lunch as a family afterwards at Olive Branch before coming home. We had a really low key afternoon. Colby had some homework to work on. Austin also left to go to Hattiesburg to see his mom. We were having a great day. The kids and I spent a lot of time outside and even took a walk. I was happy that Austin was getting to spend time with his mom even though we of course missed him greatly. Well all was fine and dandy until about 12 that night. I went to bed around 10 and was completely fine. My stomach started hurting though and by 12 I was like I am going to be sick. So I basically spent the next 3 hours puking and such. I felt awful. I got to the point where I was really weak and nauseated. I freaked out and called Austin. I was scared I would be laid up in the bed all day and wouldn't be able to get the kids ready that morning. He ended up driving home. Anyway that morning started interesting! I'll finish that story in the next post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment