Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Dr. Seuss Week and Back to Teaching

Well this week has been INSANELY busy and crazy, but at the same time its been super fun and really great too. Well Monday started out as any normal Monday would. I got the kids to school then went grocery shopping. We also got an email about making these green eggs and ham snacks for the school so I knew I would have an extra errand that day. So once I got home and put everything away and started dinner...well Austin called. He called to say he was sick and heading home. My heart sank..I just knew this was going to mean a week of sickness and missing a lot of fun planned stuff. We were worried he had a stomach bug, but I think it ended up being a slight case of food poisoning. By that evening he was much better. Well I went ahead and ran my other errands. I picked up some stuff at Party City for Dr. Seuss. That evening was just pretty much a normal one with homework and dinner and getting everyone off to bed. 
Tuesday was a VERY  busy day. Well I had bible study then I was scheduled to read to Lindsay's class. I so enjoyed being back in there. After that I left with this feeling that I really thought I might want to return to work there. Lindsay's teacher and I have joked several times lately that it would be awesome if we could co-teach together. Well that afternoon Colby had art. I picked Lindsay up from school and she and I went to run errands for her teacher. Austin picked Colby up from art and took him to a baseball game. He had gotten tickets to the UNO/USM game so he, Colby, and my dad all went together. Lindsay and I went to Party City and Target then had dinner at Chickfila and came home to paint our toenails and hang out. It was nice and relaxing to just be home with her. 
Wednesday was another kinda busy day. Well I had signed up to work the Book Fair that morning so I dropped the kids off then went in to work that. It was nice just being on campus. I even went to talk to the principal and secretary about returning to work..eek! Well Lindsay's teacher and I have joked about it a few times that we would make an awesome team and she has told me several times I should work there so she and I could tag team kindergarten. Well the more I have thought about it and being up there has made me miss it so much. So I got the crazy idea to go tell them I'd be interested in an aide position. I really don't think I want to be a full out classroom teacher just yet. Even though it would be full time I would love to work with Wendy and be her aide next year. After getting to know her this year I feel like we are kindred spirits and we get along so well and have so much fun together. So anyways I figure I did my part...now all I can do is let go and let God. I got to visit a lot with the new computer teacher. I was able to leave though about 10. I was happy to have a pretty quiet day at home. That evening we of course had church. Church went well and I really love being there with the k-2nd grade girls. Lindsay had lots of friends there and Colby had his best friend there as well so it was a good night. 
Thursday was a MAJOR busy day for me! Well I had my music class that morning. I had fun and it went well. I am enjoying it, but lately I feel disconnected there and my heart yearns to return to Calvary. I mean if things don't work out at Calvary I will be content to do what I do at Aurora b/c honestly its fine. Its enough "work" for me. It gives me something to plan and keeps me busy enough, but now I just find myself wanting to work at Calvary. Anyway so that afternoon I went home for a couple hours then went back up to the school. Lindsay's teacher had asked me if I would stay and help her decorate after school for Dr. Seuss day. So I stayed while Lindsay was in art class. We ended up having the best time! It took us until 6 though to finish. Well in the mean time Austin called and wondered where we were. Well since he was on his way home from work he decided to just meet us there and we would just go eat on our way home. Well the craziest thing happened. We were behind him in traffic on De Gualle when his truck made this loud sound and stopped working! It was nuts! Anyway after an hour of being stuck in a daiquiri shop parking lot he got it towed and the kids were on our way home. My brother brought him home from the dealership. It was a crazy ending to an already crazy week. I was so thankful though for God's provision. I mean he provided us with safety, having us all together, 4 big guys to push it into the parking lot, a brother who knows a tow truck guy, etc. It was amazing! What a teachable moment! Anyway we finally all fell into bed that night and were exhausted! 
Friday was officially Dr. Seuss day. I had signed up to help as I do every year. I was excited to spend the day around the school. i had also asked Lindsay's teacher if I could stay and hang out with them in the afternoon. She of course said yes! Anyway it felt like a trial run if we could work together. So my rotation was Myrtle the Turtle. This was the first year I ran a station by myself. I was nervous at first, but it turned out to be no big deal at all. I had a lot of fun with it. Again a confirmation that maybe I am ready to re-enter the classroom again. Lindsay's class was the last rotation so I pretty much just followed them downstairs to class after. Oh and I forgot to mention though that Colby's group was the most well behaved. I really enjoyed having the 3rd and 4th graders. So that afternoon I did the normal kindergarten routine with them. It felt so great being back in those shoes! I also absolutely adore Mrs. Schifflin and we work well and have fun together. That afternoon after lunch and recess we took pictures then they had snack. The rest of the afternoon was pretty much a designated reading time for them. The 8th grade class came in and read with the kids and helped them to take AR quizzes. The day ended up with cookies and milk in the cafe before going home. I was so tired when we finished, but it was a good tired! It had been a great week! 



No comments:

Post a Comment