Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Much Needed Girl Time and Friendship

So this weekend I got some much needed friend time in. So Lindsay's teacher Wendy and I have just totally hit it off in the last few months. Ever since she came back after Christmas we have gotten to know each other and seem to share a bond almost. Not to mention we have HUGELY similar personalties. Anyway so Saturday we made plans to hang out. Our hang out turned into breakfast and mimosas! Let me say how much fun we had! We went uptown to Another Broken Egg cafe. We talked and laughed and just had the best time. We then spent about an hour just walking down Canal and shopping. I left at 8:15 to pick her up and didn't get back home until about 12:30. It was just the best morning! I haven't done something like that in SO Long! I mean sure I meet friends for coffee and lunch and that is usually refreshing and fun, but this was the type of fun I had before kids. Anyway it was a nice start to the weekend. The rest of the day we hung low. Austin was working in the yard when I got home so we mostly just stayed around and played outside. It was nice though. The weather was nice so we really enjoyed our patio and backyard. We took a couple walks too. 
Sunday was church. We woke up early and went to first service for the first time in awhile. It was good...afterwards we went shopping at Academy then went out to lunch. The weather got gross so it was nice to come home and relax and nap during the rain. That afternoon it cleared off and we were able to once again get outside. Colby worked a little on homework...He and I both had a bit of a meltdown though. I just am burnt out from having to do homework every. single. Sunday. afternoon. I love his teacher and I think she's doing great things with them...but I am a little over all the homework. We finally just gave up after getting what we could done and went outside. I feel like now with Austin off on weekends we get a lot of family time. It was a great weekend to have some girl time and family time. It was also pretty low key which was nice too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment