Monday, March 12, 2018

Open House...Among other Things

So this week has definitely been calmer and more normal then last week was. I have had a lot of time at home which honestly has been nice...although now I am feeling a little "bored" and just having withdrawals about teaching. Crazy I know! Anyway so Monday I went grocery shopping then had the majority of the day here. It was nice to get caught up on stuff and just to enjoy that time I had. That night we just had a quiet night in. Austin did have a work function so it was just the kids and I. 
Tuesday was one of my crazy day! I had Bible study. Well actually before that even I met my friend Virginia for coffee. We then went to Bible study. After that I came home for my few short hours before it was off to the races. I left to get the kids for 3:30 but also had to stay b/c of it being Open House. We had set up with Lindsay's teacher to eat dinner with her and her daughter in her room and just hang out. It was a sweet time. Gosh I just love Wendy! We have had the best time getting to know one another. I basically chatted with her all night and had the best time. Definitely the most fun open House yet! We just have a lot in common and seem to hit it off. Anyway it was a fun, but late night. We were all exhausted when we got home. 
Wednesday was a pretty chill day for me. I was able to go have breakfast at Chickfila (alone) ha, then hit up Target and SAMs. It felt good to not have much going on. I was able to rest and catch up around the house. We also missed church that night due to the late night before. Fortunately neither kid was terribly upset either which was nice. I think they understood we needed the rest too. It felt good to be home and get everyone to bed early. 
Thursday was another BUSY day! I had music class of course. That seemed to go well. I do enjoy teaching, but I feel myself longing for more now too. I am just praying about what the future holds. I mean I love my schedule of work and staying home, but honestly I find myself getting bored now? Who knows...if things don't work out at Calvary I'll still be happy to teach one day a week at Aurora. So once I got home from there I did my usual lunch and rest before heading up to get the kids. Well Lindsay had art so Colby and I stayed and watched the Flag Football game while she was in art. I got to visit with some teachers and the pastor's wife so that was nice. We left there and went to my parent's house to eat dinner and do homework before heading off to SCOUTS! Such a marathon day! Dinner was nice...its always fun being at my parents house like that. I know they enjoy it too! Scouts was great...we had an ambulance come and so that was really neat. Most of the night was outside with that which was cool! The kids had a TON of fun! Getting in late though we were all so tired. 
Friday was pretty low key for me. I ran a few errands before coming home. I had a lot of time home this past week. I am trying to enjoy that and be thankful for it...especially not knowing if I might be working full time in the fall. It was nice and I just tried to soak it up. That afternoon Colby had piano. Makes for another busy afternoon. Lindsay and I do always have about 20 min at home though while he's there which is enough time to empty and go through book bags and such. That evening we stayed in. Austin brought home pizza and we watched Inside Out with the kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment