Thursday, March 22, 2018

Friend Time and Weekending

This weekend we had a busy start to it. After the field trip Friday I crazily told both kids they could have friends over after school. This is something we really haven't done much of this year so I figured it was time. Plus they were both bummed since the Cubscout Campout was cancelled. So I picked them up from school and we brought Zachary and Mirabelle home with us. Zachary was coming to spend the night and Mirabelle was coming to play for just a couple hours. I am not quite ready for that yet ;)
Anyway so once we got home all 4 kids went to playing relatively well. I was happy about that. It gave me a few moments to get some stuff done and finally sit down for a few. By 5 they were all getting antsy so we had made plans to eat lunch at Chickfila and meet up with Mirabelle's mom there. It was nice to let the kids eat/visit and we moms got to hang out. Although I left there exhausted. When we got back home I told the kids to start getting ready for baths. Lindsay bathed first then the boys took turns getting in the shower. Afterwards I was ready to get the movie turned on and relax. They did really well watching the movie. After we sent Lindsay to bed and told the boys they could stay up and play awhile. Well she kept coming out her room saying they were keeping her up. So finally we made them go into Colby's room and turn the lights off. We told them they could talk and such, just don't bother Lindsay. Anyway after that we didn't hear from them. I think they stayed up awhile but we went on to bed. Zachary was a great house guest and no problem whatsoever. The boys did great together. The next morning everyone was up by about 7:30. We cooked them a big breakfast then Zach's mom came and picked him up. After that we decided to get ready for our day. We ended up going into Old Gretna. Lindsay and I wanted to go into Fleurty Girl and the boys went to the Farmer's Market. We met back up and then took the kids to run around the park. Since it didn't rain I felt like they needed some outdoor time. It was nice to just let them do that. I could tell though Colby was REALLY tired. After that we went on to lunch. It was fun eating out the 4 of us. Afterwards we came home to relax. Austin did a lot of stuff outside. We spent the majority of the afternoon outside as always. We are really loving our patio. 
Sunday was church day. We went to second service so it was nice to sleep in a bit. We got there early, but its always nice to visit with people and such. After church I got to visit with Lindsay's teacher and several others while I waited on Austin to finish counting. We went out to eat afterwards at New Orleans Hamburger and Seafood with my family. It was all in all a fabulous day. We rested some then once again got outside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment