Monday, March 26, 2018

A week of the unexpected

Well this week turned out nothing like I had thought. It also ended up being a super busy week. So Monday was a pretty normal day. I grocery shopped and had the majority of the day at home. I am trying to be thankful for these slow days...even though I am finding myself bored. I try to be productive and just soak up the moments at home. Well that afternoon Colby had a dentist appointment after school. I had to rush in to pick them up and head straight to the dentist. I really don't like after school appointments, but for something like this I don't think its necessary for him to miss any school. Fortunately it was quick and easy and we were home and able to do dinner and homework. So that night after bathing Lindsay I noticed what I thought was another hernia on the opposite side. I had a freak out and got a little upset at the thought of her having another surgery. Needless to say I sent a message to her pediatrician that evening. 
Well Tuesday morning I heard back from her doctor and was able to get an appointment set up for that afternoon at 3:15. That morning I did go have breakfast and went shopping with my friend Virginia. It was fun and much needed to have some girl time like that. I have just found myself so lonely and bored some days when I just come home. We had a great morning full of laughs. The rest of the day I tried my best to be productive. That afternoon I went to pick Lindsay up at 2:45. I had to check her out early to make the appointment. Fortunately it coincided with Colby's art day. That made it easy to not have to bring both kids with me. The doctor took forever, but it was great seeing our pediatrician. We missed her at Lindsay's checkup over the holidays b/c she wasn't working. Anyway she did see the hernia so she messaged the surgeon's office to get us set up there. By the time we finished it was time to pick up Colby. We picked up Wendy's for dinner and came home and ate and did homework. I was pretty spent by the end of all that! 
Wednesday was a pretty good day. I had a low key day for the most part. I ran some errands then came home to do stuff around the house. My parents picked the kids up from school then we went to church. Church was good that night. I just love being with my kindergarten girls. There are usually 4-5 that attend. I feel especially close to them since I was able to teach for those couple of months. Its just neat seeing their little friendships grow and their love for church. 
Thursday was super crazy! That morning we had Awards Day for the kids. I was so proud of my two. Both got Honor Roll. Lindsay got Alpha Honor Roll and Perfect Attendance and Colby got Beta Honor Roll and Perfect Attendance. It was a crazy feeling though b/c Lindsay had a 10:00 appointment scheduled so I felt very stressed trying to get her out of the ceremony and to the appointment on time. The ceremony got out about 9:30 but they still had to take class pictures. The time after the ceremony I hate b/c it involves all the parents wanting to take 500 pictures of their kids. I snapped a couple of the kids and was ready to move on. All the staff was aware Lindsay had an appointment and they were all rushing and helping to move it along. Some parents would just NOT get the hint though. I even got a little snippy with one. She wanted Lindsay to hop in some of the pictures and this was after I had told Lindsay to sit down by her teacher...sigh! Anyway we made it out there and literally pulled into the doc's parking lot at 10:00. I felt like such a crazy lady. We got in though and pretty quickly saw the doc. The surgeon is so sweet and he definitely remembered us. He didn't see the hernia at the time. After that I started having mom guilt and wondered if the dang thing was even there. I had a mini freak out and didn't want to schedule a surgery for my kid who didn't need it. I was quite emotional. Anyway I probably panicked and it was just a hard day. Once the appointment was over I brought Lindsay back to school. Luckily she was there for most of the day. That day was pretty short for me since I had to return to pick Colby up and Lindsay had art class. We just hung around the school and got to visit with some of the teachers like normal. We then went to my parents to do homework and eat dinner. After that we had SCOUTS...super long day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment