Saturday, March 17, 2018

Field Tripping

So today I got to go on another field trip with my big boy. I enjoy going on my kid's field trips for the most part. I think I have attended them all except maybe 2? Anyway I looked forward to spending time with Colby and his friends as well as the teachers. Since I taught up there I feel like I am close now to mostly all the teachers. 
Anyway this field trip was to the Chalmette Battlefield, but they were going by boat! I got to the school and went in for their assembly time. I had picked up coffee for Colby's teacher and I. So I went in and visited with the teachers a bit. I also helped by walking a couple kindergarten students to their classroom. Once assembly time was over I just went and waited in my car for a few minutes before going on the field trip. I waited until the bus got there then I left to drive over. I parked at the Riverwalk. I was a little nervous since I was going alone and wasn't 100% sure where to go. It all worked out well. I walked the mall then got down to the boat launch. After about 5 minutes the school kids walked up. We had to stand in line about 10 minutes before boarding the boat. It ended up being really nice though b/c we had our own room on the boat. This made it a lot more relaxing and fun I think. I enjoyed again getting time to just visit with the teachers. Once we got to the Battlefield we all got off the boat in our groups. I was assigned 4 boys: I had Colby, Bricen, Noah, and Zachary. I found Bricen thought to be quite the pain! He had trouble keeping up and just overall didn't listen as well as the others. Anyway we only had about 30 min off the boat. It was completely stressful! I did not like that part at all. We didn't have time at all to explore the battlefield. It was just off---run to some monument thing that all the kids climbed up in and ended up getting scared then I took them to the gift shop which was just crazy! Anyway I was completely overwhelmed and happy to be back on the boat. The ride back was nice. The kids ate lunch and I got to sit and talk to the 3rd grade teacher and Colby's teacher. Its really been great getting to know them this year. The kids seemed to really enjoy the boat ride. I think that part was the most fun for them. Once we got back downtown I left the group and made my way home. It was a very quick afternoon...I only had about 1 and a half hour before going to pick them back up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment