Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Calvary Kids Camp Week

So this past week our kids were able to go to Calvary Kids Camp all week. I have honestly never been a HUGE send your kids to camp person. This is Colby's 3rd day camp experience though. He was able to go to camp at Aurora just 2 days a week for the month of July when he was 3/4 and then last year he did the Calvary Kids Camp at the church. This year Lindsay was finally old enough to participate too! I was looking forward to a week ALONE! Now with going back to work I know my times alone will be few and far between. Needless to say I tried to enjoy it! 

So Monday...the kids were off and super excited about spending the day with friends. That day they stayed at the church all day. I know they did worship, arts and crafts, lots of playing outside, and various other things. That morning I was able to meet with the 2nd grade teacher to discuss what belongs in her classroom and what goes in mine. We worked and talked for about an hour. Afterwards I met my friend Tracey at PJs. We talked a little more about school for about an hour. After that I had to go grocery shopping. Once I got home from that it was basically lunch time. It was so so nice though to get the house to myself for a few hours. It was bittersweet knowing that with teaching I won't really get that much anymore. I enjoyed the rest time then picked them up that afternoon. They were pretty tired each day we got home so we would just chill out then have dinner. We were able to take walks still though and then try and get them to bed early! 

Tuesday...so this was probably the BEST day of the entire week. I had plans to get together with Wendy. She's been out of town basically all summer...so I've only seen her like 1 other time. Anyway I was super excited about a girl's day. Also it was Colby's birthday. I didn't feel too bad about sending him to camp on his b-day. he also spent his 4th b-day at camp. I knew he would probably want to be around his friends. We did try and make the day special by taking him to pick up donuts to share with all his camp peeps that day! So back to my day---after dropping the kids off I went to pick up Wendy. She and I then headed over to Another Broken Egg Cafe. As you may recall we did that back in the early spring. We both love mimosas! So we got there probably about 9 and enjoyed a leisure breakfast. We sat and talked until 11:30. At that point we left and headed to the theater to see the Mr. Roger's movie. The movie was so good. It was just such a fun and relaxing girls day! I dropped her off at home about 2:30 then got home only to turn right back around to go get my kids. 

Wednesday was a nice day too...so I got the kids to camp then went to get coffee and went to visit Melissa at Aurora. Now that I know I won't be working there I am so going to miss my visits with those peeps. I ended up staying close to an hour and just catching up on all the things! It was nice. Afterwards I had to go back up to Calvary to meet with the principal about some curriculum. That was nice too to just chat with her. Then I headed off to the Educator. I got a lot of my teacher needs then after that the bottom fell out so I quickly went to Petsmart then came home to relax and enjoy the day from home. That night we had church. I picked the kids up and took them to my parent's house to unwind. After a full day of camp I knew they would be exhausted. We also ended up going to Cane's for dinner b/c none of us really felt like eating what they were having at the church. The night went well at church and we had a TON of kids. We were all exhausted though by the end! 

Thursday I got the kids to camp then ran a bunch of errands. I had to go to Office Depot to get a bunch of teacher stuff then to Barnes and Noble. Afterwards I met Rebecca for breakfast at Chickfila. It was nice once again to visit with a teacher friend. Afterwards I came home and just enjoyed the down time here. 

Friday followed pretty much the same pattern: dropped kids off then met up with Virginia to have coffee and discuss ideas for my classroom. Afterwards we did some shopping at the Dollar Store then came home. I rested and just tried to enjoy my last down day! That evening we did go out to dinner as a family which was fun! We went to Olive Branch. It was nice just getting out like that. 

The kids had a great week at camp and were sad for it to end. Even though I am not big on sending kids away the break was so so nice. Especially with knowing I'll be working and the times of being alone will be few and far between. 


No comments:

Post a Comment