Saturday, July 21, 2018

Summer Week 7

So this week it felt good to have a semi-normal week after the last week's craziness. between being out of town, a holiday, and Lindsay's surgery it was just a weird week. 

So that Monday Colby had an eye doc appointment. We made it to that early. Fortunately all was well and there really hadn't been any changes. After that we dropped Colby off with my parents. He had plans to go birthday shopping and go to lunch with them. I then had to go to the Police Station to get finger printed for work. Lindsay was not thrilled with this idea, but the whole process took under about 30 min. Once we left there I asked her where she wanted to go. I tried asking her if she wanted to go play at a park before having lunch out, but she said no. We ended up going to the mall. She really wanted to go to the big mall across the river, but after crossing the bridge once that day I wasn't really in the mood to go over again. Instead we went to the one closer to us. We walked around some, but didn't even go into any stores. We ate lunch at Cane's then she wanted a cookie. We did all that then came home so we could changed into our swimsuits. It was hot as H-E-L-L that day so I figured it would be nice. We met back at my parents house with Colby and went swimming for about an hour before returning home. It felt good to cool off, but then I was ready to get home and relax. 

Tuesday I had bible study. It was nice to be back with friends and have that focus on God. It was a good morning. I was also able to visit with the school staff a little and get some scoop on the upcoming year. After I picked the kids up and we had to grocery shop. We got that done then came home to rest/relax. 

Wednesday we had a free day. I really didn't want to do too much since I knew we would be up there for church that night. We ended up visiting a park. We haven't really been able to do many park visits this summer. I guess one its either been too hot or wet and we've also been busy. Anyway it was nice to just chill out with them. It was super hot though so we only lasted about 30 min. We ended up going to SAM's then going home. I like to have low key Wednesdays since we go to church at night. Church was good..during the summer its always nice to see friends and such mid-week. 

Thursday I had a hair appointment. I brought the kids over to my parents so I could go to that. It was nice having some alone mom time. After my appointment I had scheduled to have lunch with a friend. It was fun meeting up with Tracey and having lunch. Once I got home I ended up calling Wendy and talking to her for over an hour! It was so great to catch up though after she's been gone basically all summer! That evening we took Colby out to eat and shop for his b-day. Lindsay stayed with my parents for her turn over there. Colby chose TX Roadhouse to eat at. It was fun just enjoying our big. After dinner we went to Target. He selected a few toys and I got some stuff for school. We came home and just enjoyed a quiet and easy night with 1 kid! 

Friday I promised the kids a fun day! We picked up Lindsay and headed off towards the Aquarium. I feel bad b/c its been a weird summer and I feel like we haven't had all the BIG outings we normally would. I am trying to tell myself though its a different season though and thats ok. Anyway the aquarium was pretty busy and crowded but we stayed about an hour. We know the place so well I pretty much just let the kids pick their favorite things and we do that and leave. It was a nice outing though. I am trying to soak up these sweet simple days. I also know how quickly they are growing. I feel like they should still be like 5 and 2!! So after the aquarium we came back to the Westbank and had lunch at Firehouse Subs. We ran a couple errands then came home and relaxed and that was nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment