Sunday, July 29, 2018

Weekending

So after a week of camp I was happy to see Saturday come! We were able to sleep in a bit which was amazing! We did have to get Colby up and dressed though b/c he had a scheduled day of fun with a friend. I was happy he was getting to go out and do something. This summer has gone by fast and I don't feel like we've had the time to get them together with their friends as much as we normally do! Anyway Melody picked him up around 9:30. She brought him and Nijel to see The Wizard of Oz at Pyrtania Theater. Afterwards they went to lunch. That morning I just spent with Lindsay. We ended up making a stop by the school so I could get more of my books so I could work on lesson plans. I then brought her to my parent's house so we could swim for a bit. I decided to sit out and let her swim and I wrote lesson plans. Austin stayed behind to work on some house projects and in the yard. Well we came home at lunch and we quickly picked up stuff to eat then we just hung around the house. Colby also got home during that time. It was a nice low key afternoon. 
Sunday we had church. We had made up our minds about trying a new group. Now that I will be teaching and won't be able to attend the Tuesday morning Bible study I felt we needed to jump back into a "lifegroup". Anyway the Schifflin's have a group so I figured we would start there. We knew most of the people in the group anyway. Well it turned out we really liked it. It does create for a much longer Sunday though since we now will be there for both services. After church we went to eat Mexican then just came back home and relaxed the rest of the day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment