Thursday, April 14, 2011

Back to a Routine

This week has been us trying to get back into a routine after our trip and a busy weekend. Sunday was church and a very busy day. I had extended care which we took all the kids outside which worked well. Colby always loves playing out there. It was exausting though! Afterwards we ate our usual lunch at McAlister's then came home and napped. After naps though we had to get back up and ready to head to my parent's. Austin's parents came in for the night and were spending the night with them. They normally would have stayed with us ofcourse but with us just getting back in town and all the rearranging we did in our guest room things were still a mess. It also worked out because we were all so tired. But we did go over there to visit and eat dinner. It was nice visiting with everyone I just wish it hadn't been such a long day for us. Colby was in his glory though having the spotlight of 6 adults and 4 of those adults being grandparents! Monday we had to go grocery shopping. Austin was off that day though which was nice so we were able to spend the afternoon together and relax. Tuesday Colby had school and Austin had to work that morning. That meant I got a couple or hours to myself which was nice! Again we got to spend time together that afternoon. Also it was a big day b/c Colby's big boy bunk beds finally arrived! He's been sleeping great in them ever since also! So proud of him! Wednesday Colby and I went to the park for a little while. We don't usually do much on Wednesdays because of having to go to church at night. I try to save most of our energy for that. So Wednesday mornings are slower paced and I get to do stuff around the house too which is nice. That night I had a VBS meeting then I worked with the kids. So again another exausting time but good time. All the kids were really good. We had our 3 usuals...Colby, Zoe, and Jonathan. Colby is at an in between age...he gets a little bored in there with the little ones but he's also too young to quite hang with 3-5 year olds some are even 6. Austin got there about halfway through and the older kids were on the playground so Austin took him out there with them. Thursday was another busy morning for us. Colby had school. Well when we got to school though we found out it was cancelled for the day due to no water. Luckily my parents live right around the corner so we called them to see if they wouldn't mind keeping Colby while I still went to Bible Study. I was so thankful for this. I knew he would be upset if we had to come home so going to my parent's house was just as exciting as school. I also hated to miss my Bible study. That afternoon Colby and I were both exausted and took long naps! Today (Friday) was supossed to be our errands day but I think Colby may be coming down with something. He felt warm last night and then he slept all night after taking a 3 1/2 hour nap. This morning he still woke up feeling warm and just hasn't been his usual bubbly self. He has mainly laid on the couch which is not like him at all. At one point he even requested that we "stay home" which he also never does. I can't figure out though what is wrong with him. He shows no other symptoms right now. I am hoping its just a virus not the stomach bug. I guess by tonight we will know! I hope he feels better by tomorrow though b/c we have a busy weekend with church activities planned plus Austin is off so I guess we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment