Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter 2011
















































































































































We really enjoyed this Easter. I can't believe this was our 3rd Easter with Colby. This was definitely the most fun! I know the holidays will keep getting more fun as he gets older! Austin was off all weekend which made the weekend even better. Saturday we went to my parent's house to swim. My rule is when it reaches 80 I will go swim. Colby was beyond excited to get in the pool again this year!
























After swimming we came home to eat lunch and relax. After naps we had to get busy! We were put in charge of potato salad and pasta salad for Easter lunch. We also had to dye Easter eggs with Colby. It was nice though working as a family to get all of it done.
























Colby enjoyed helping and watching the eggs change color. After he went to bed we played Easter bunny and put his basket together. This year he got a couple swimsuits, a game, a couple cars, and some coloring books and Disney books to read.
























Easter morning Colby was excited to run out and see his Easter basket. Still not sure if he totally understood Easter bunny leaving it he just thought it was cool to have presents. He dug into them right away. We didn't have long though to play since it was obviously a church morning. We ate breakfast and got dressed then took time for a few photos outside. Church was wonderful. We had a breakfast fellowship first thing. Colby gobbled down an entire donut. Then we had Sunday School. He was in his usual class and I think did well. All 3 of them were there today. He loves church and Sunday School and I am so thankful for that! I enjoyed seeing all the kiddos in their Easter best! It was nice once again to get to sit with Austin in worship service. It was a beautiful service. Its overwhelming to think of God's love for us. Having a child I can't imagine watching your only son suffer on the cross to die for other people's sins. I hope that one day Colby can understand and appreciate God's true love. We hope we are teaching him at a young age those things and trying to enforce the true meaning of Easter. We did the Easter bunny but did not spend a lot of time talking about him I want to focus on Christ at Easter. I don't have a problem with the Easter bunny but I just don't want that to be the focus.
























Anyway back on track...after church we came home quickly changed clothes and headed to my parent's house. We had a big Easter lunch over there. It was fun to be with everyone. Although tiring at the same time. Sundays are already tiring days so put on top of that a 3 hour lunch and we were worn out. Colby did enjoy having the full attention of 13 or so adults. We did an Easter Egg hunt just for him and I think he enjoyed that as well.
























Once we got home though we all crashed on the couch! After our naps though we spent some time outside it was a perfect ending to a perfect weekend. I greatly enjoyed the time with my little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment