Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Baby Number 2 Weeks 5-7

So its official we are expecting baby number 2. We are all very excited. We have told Colby he's going to be a big brother but I am not sure how much he understands. He talks about baby brother or baby sister and that they will drink milk and how he wants them to play cars with him. I don't think he will really get it until the nursery is set up and then he won't really get it until the baby is here I don't think.
We are due December 11th. We found out officially a little over 2 weeks ago. I had suspicions on our trip to TN. I went to my first prenatal appointment at 6 weeks. So far everything looks good. All bloodwork came back normal. This past Tuesday I had my first ultrasound. Again everything looks good. Saw the heartbeat! I am so thankful for a healthy baby so far.
I am experiencing morning sickness aka afternoon/evening sickness just as I did with Colby. I really can't tell if its worse or not. My life was so different being pregnant with him. I was teaching so I didn't have as much time to think about it. I know I was pretty sick though and couldn't stand restaurants for the first 3 months of pregnancy. I didn't think it would come to that with this one but I think we are getting close. I have good days and bad days. Some days I barely feel it and can go on with normal life and other days all I can do is lay on the couch.
I feel bad that I don't have the energy to clean house and play with Colby. But I keep telling myself my body knows that I need rest to grow a baby so I think its God's plan to make pregnant women feel bad and sick so that they do take it easy.
I am trying to keep Colby's life as normal as possible though. I can't keep him in every day although we probably haven't done quite as much. I am planning on taking him to the zoo tomorrow we probably won't stay long but I do want to have a special day with him while he's out of school. He is also going to church tonight with my parents. I hate to miss but I feel awful at night and I don't want to get over there and be puking. I didn't want him to miss though b/c he loves church.
So far so good other then being sick. I have no idea boy or girl. I kinda feel like a girl but I don't know. I go back to the doc in mid-May. Hopefully by then we will be able to hear the heartbeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment