Sunday, May 1, 2011

Spring Break Week




This past week Colby has been out of school for Easter/Spring Break. We have really enjoyed our week together and I guess it was a preview or summertime. I so enjoy him being in school and having that break but I also liked the freedom we had this week to do more fun things together. Our weeks get so full of routine stuff we don't have much time for playdates and things anymore so this was a welcome break it was also nice not to rush off and have to be dressed at a certain time every day!




Monday we began our week by going to work up at the church. We are in the process of really trying to clean out the nursery. We began in the baby room it needed the most work. Another mother came up to help with her 2 kids. She has a 4 year old boy and a 1 year old little girl. Colby played with them a little but he was more interested in staying close to my mom and me. Afterwards the 3 of us went to lunch at McAlister's which Colby always loves!




Tuesday I had a doctor's appointment so my mom came over to watch Colby. He was very excited to have grammy come over and play with him while mommy was at the doctor. I had my first ultrasound and everything looked great! I was so thankful....I always like to get that first ultrasound out of the way and I feel better once we see a hearbeat and a little baby. They said the due date is still December 11. I met with the doctor briefly to discuss that and the bloodwork which also all came back normal Praise the Lord! I am so thankful for a healthy baby and just hope it continues to grow and develop normally and healthy!




Wednesday was our usual grocery shopping day. I didn't realize how bad it would be now that I am so nauseated. I didn't have to go grocery shopping when I was pregnant with Colby. I made Austin go b/c it was only shopping for him and I. Now with a 2 1/2 year old I have to shop once every week to keep up with him. I about lost it in the store though! Since I felt so bad the rest of the day was pretty low key for us. My parents did bring Colby to church. I hate that I missed b/c we had been going every Wednesday night but I just feel so miserable at night and didn't really want to get all the way over there and be sick. I also didn't want to keep Colby from church though b/c he enjoys it so much. He loved going with my parents and they said he did really well.




Thursday Colby and I decided to go on a playdate by ourselves! We don't get a chance to do this often so I wanted to do something special with him the week he was off school. We decided to go to the Zoo and check out the splash park. Well when we got there we found out it was closed but we still had fun. We walked around and did Monkey Hill and the swamp. It was special just being him and I. This summer I really want to take advantage of doing things like this b/c we won't have a lot of opportunities once he is in school 3 days a week next year and he has a new sibling. The zoo was really crowded though. We fortunately went to the back first though and had that to ourselves but then when we came back up to the front to play on the playground it was just wayy too crowded. I was afraid Colby was going to get trampled so we left. I felt bad we couldn't stay longer but it was getting miserable. I definitely want to take him back soon!




Friday was another open day so I took Colby to the park. I invited my parents to come along though. They always enjoy seeing him play. We went to one close to his school. We hadn't been there in awhile so he really had a good time. His friend Addie was there which was neat to see them play together. Her grandmother just loves Colby. They are both so sweet to him. When it was time to leave he gave them hugs and said "I love you"! So sweet!




Saturday we went over to my parent's house. We have started this yearly tradition of my mom helping me bake Austin a birthday cake. Each year he gets to pick what kind he wants. This year he chose a red velvet. My dad played with Colby while my mom and I baked. Colby was curious and stayed in the kitchen for some of it though. We even baked Colby a cupcake so he could be the first to sample it! While the cake was baking we let Colby play outside. We took a short walk then turned on the sprinkler for him. We weren't planning on swimming b/c the pool was at 76 but Colby requested to get in and my dad took him! I only swim when its at 80 or above to I skipped out! Colby had a blast though he didn't want to get out!




Sunday was ofcourse church. Colby and I only stayed for Sunday School though. Due to our busy week and me not feeling well in the afternoons and having such a busy week the week before we came home.

No comments:

Post a Comment