Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

This year was my 3rd Mother's Day. It was a different Mother's Day though. The last 2 Mother's Day we have spent together as a family on the beach. This year we weren't in Destin and Austin had to work. I was glad to get to go to church on Mother's Day since we have been gone for the others. Although I was in the nursery the whole time. I volunteered though since austin was working. I figured I would give some other mom's the opportunity to sit in church with their families. Colby made lots of really sweet crafts this year. In school he had made a mug with his little thumbprints that the teacher turned into bees and ladybugs. Then in Sunday School they did their handprint along with a poem and framed it. He also made a sweet card with his picture. I will cherish all of these things forever!
After church we went to Mrs. Eva's house for lunch. We were surpised when we got there and there were already 2 kids there. Usually at family dinners like this Colby is the only one. Janet was babysitting though so she brought them with her. Two little girls 3 and 1. I was glad Colby would have someone to play with. I think it kept him entertained. They played cars mostly. After lunch Colby and I came home. We were both pretty tired from the day.
Even though it was a different Mother's Day it was still nice. I am just so blessed to be the mommy of such a sweet, smart little boy! I can't believe he's 2 1/2 almost 3! And next mother's day I will have 2 sweet children!

No comments:

Post a Comment