Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Playdate, swimming, church, and day with daddy!

Colby has had a full weekend! Well starting with last Thursday he had water day at school! I knew he would absolutely love this as much as he loves the water! His teacher said he had a blast!
Friday we met my friend Casee and her little boy Jax at the park. This was the first time we had gotton together in awhile. The last time was probably when Jax was 7-9 months. We used to meet to walk. So now Jax is 1 1/2 and Colby being 2 1/2 they were actually able to play and interact. They have similiar personalities so they seemed to enjoy playing at the park. I hope we can do this more during the summer.
Saturday we went swimming at my parent's. Again Colby was so excited about this b/c he loves to swim. He's doing really well getting used to the water again. He starts swim lessons in a couple weeks so I am hoping after that he will be able to swim really well atleast for a 2 year old! He learned so much last year so I think he will be really good this year he's such a water baby!
Sunday Austin was off and we had church. I was in the nursery the whole time. We had a ton of kids in the preschool room for extended care so I decided to stay. Colby has promoted to that room since he is going to the 3 year old Sunday School class but he's still the youngest. We had about 11 or 12 kids so I figured it would be good for me to stay and help and keep an eye on him. He did really well though. I think some of the bigger boys overwhelm him so he kinda stays to himself or plays with the little girls.
Monday Austin was off again so we decided to go out to the mall. Colby usually enjoys going there and I think he was happy to go but he was also a pistol. We let him go in the Disney Store first and pick a toy which I'm thinking we should have saved that for last depending on his behavior. Next we went in Pottery Barn kids which he always enjoys. He was fine at first we let him play with the toys they have out but then he started getting wild wanting to climb and jump on beds. Once he got in trouble he pitched a horrible fit. He fought going to the bathroom as well. He finally calmed down as we ate lunch. Austin and I definitely didn't get to do any shopping not that we normally do anyway but this time I felt like he was more out of control...I know its the age but next time we go to the mall we may leave him at home =)

No comments:

Post a Comment