Thursday, May 26, 2011

Colby's Last Day of Pre-k 2

First Day of School (September 2010)


Last Day of School (May 2011)


I can't believe Colby's first official school year has come to a close. He's had a wonderful year. We feel so blessed that his first year at school was such a pleasant experience for us all. It was a great decision to go ahead and put him in school this year. We had many reasons for doing it: socialization, putting him ahead since he will always be the "baby" of his class with a July b-day, giving me time to myself, etc. He has loved going and made many friends. Its crazy how far he has come in 1 year too. He seemed like a baby at the beginning of the year. He wasn't talking much when school started so I rarely knew what he did with his day. Now he's talking in complete sentences and can give me a run down of what takes place. I get to hear about his snacks, his friends, what they learned, etc. I have made a few friends through this experience as well. We plan on getting the kids together this summer b/c I know Colby will miss his best friends: Kiley, Max, and Addie.





He has become so much more confident and brave. He doesn't mind hanging out with new people and kids. He relates better to kids and plays and can have a conversation with them. He also has learned all his ABC's, how to count to 20, his shapes, a few songs, and many other things.





I have enjoyed my time its been nice to have a couple hours twice a week to run errands or come home and do housework with no interruption. It has made our time together more special.





He will be going back to the same school next year for pre-k 3 and I hope he will have as good a year! He had 2 wonderful teachers who he loved and talked about every day!

1 comment: