Friday, August 19, 2011

3 Years Old





















I forgot when Colby turned 3 to do an "official" 3 year old post. So I thought I would update on what all he's up to! He can talk and say about anything now! Around 2 1/2 is when he really just started talking all the time. Now he never stops! The things that come out of his mouth are halarious! In fact today when getting out the car he kinda slipped and he said "oopsie daisy won't do that again!" I can't believe how grown up he is. He is also in an "I do it myself" phase. This began about 3 months ago. He wants to dress himself and do everything by himself! Which I am glad it will help that he is so independant when the new baby arrives. On that note he's still looking forward to being a big brother. I'm not sure that he totally gets it or gets how his life will change but he is looking forward to it I think! I think in some ways 3 is harder then 2. Maybe not harder then 1 b/c 1 he was so active and always making messes but now he can talk back. He doesn't pitch a whole lot of fits but when he does watch out! He's still a pretty good kid though he just has his moments. We talk a lot about obediance and doing things when you are asked. He gets a kick out of testing us! He's very smart and I'm not just saying that b/c he's mine! I have never seen another 3 year old as detail oriented as he is. He knows his way around the city already. He tells me which way to turn depending on where we are going. He knows where people live and what they drive. He is still very much into cars. He knows his numbers, letters, abcs, I swear he can read, he loves to sing, and he knows how to spell his name. Oh and also he knows his shapes! I guess he learned most of that last year in preschool so it will be interesting to see what he learns this year! He's very physical and seems to be athletic. He still can't pedal a bike though. I hope by this fall/winter he learns! We are trying to practice with him its just been too hot! He can swim now short distances alone. He loves going underwater and is a complete daredevil. He's brave but also cautious. He does a lot of crazy things but I think he knows his limits he fortunately hasn't been majorly hurt. This year he has been overall very healthy! He's always been a healthy child thank the Lord but this year I guess was easier then 1-2. He seemed to always have a bug then but this year he only had a few minor illnesses. He's still a big boy but seems to be slowing down with his growth. He weighs 35 lbs and is 37 inches tall. He's in the 50-75% so to me he's about average. He wears a size 9 shoe right now and 3T clothes. He's done great this past year with potty training especially when it comes to peeing. He hasn't had an accident since March. We have had to work with the pooping but he seems to be getting that this summer also! He's just such a big boy and we are so proud of him. He's tough and crazy but also has a sensitive spirit. He always apologizes when he has done something wrong. He tells us he loves us all the time. He worries about other people which is sweet. his favorite toy is cars/trucks and he's also gotton into trains a lot lately. He's still a good eater but I think he is pickier then when he was a toddler. He has his favorites but we still believe in making him eat what we eat and try everything on his plate. His favorites are still mac n cheese, he loves pizza now, and those sort of things. But he will pretty much eat whatever we give him. He may not eat a lot of it but he will try it and doesn't ever really fuss about what is placed in front of him. I still can't get over how grown he is and can't imagine what this next year will bring! he is starting prek 3 in a few weeks. He will go 3 days a week! I am excited for him he loved school last year so I know he will love it again! It will also be nice to have the break especially when the new baby comes but I will miss him too since we have had all summer together!

No comments:

Post a Comment