Thursday, August 11, 2011

These Are the Days....

We were lucky to have austin home with us Monday & Tuesday of this week to begin our week. Monday we decided to take Colby to the Monkey Room. This was his 3rd visit but Austin hadn't been with us yet so he was anxious to see what all the fuss was about! Colby had a blast! i think he had even more fun since his daddy was there to watch him! He loves when Austin is home so much! Its adorable how much he looks up to his daddy! Anyway he played really hard there! We stayed about an hour and a half. When we left we decided to go eat lunch uptown at La Madeline. I haven't been to that place in years and I was craving a good salad. I think we all enjoyed it. It was a different place to go and healthier then most other choices too! Since we were uptown Colby got to see several streetcars...or carstreets as he calls them! We haven't ever taken him on a ride but this convinced me that we need to! So we are going to try and wait until the weather cools and take him I know he will love it!


After coming home and resting we headed out again to my parent's house to go swim. It had been awhile since Austin had been in and Colby always enjoys swimming. We had a good time spending time together in the pool. We stayed and had a spaghetti dinner with my parents as well! We don't get to go over there often for dinner except special occassions so I think we all enjoyed it!


Tuesday with Austin being off again we went on another adventure. We took Colby to a park in Metairie. We went all the way over there b/c its the one park I knew was mostly in the shade. It was still hot but not as hot as most parks would have been. We still only stayed about 45 minutes but Colby had a blast. Afterwards we set out to BabiesRUs...Austin had promised me a trip over there soon. We were looking for a stroller. I know we already should have one and we do. We have the travel system stroller had with Colby. We wanted something lighter and more mangeable for traveling. I also got a few small items while there and also some things for colby as well! I can't wait till we know if its a boy or girl so I can really shop! I got a couple little newborn outfits in white and yellow but I am ready to outfit this one's winter wardrobe! We decided to go in to Petsmart after which was right next door. We needed dog/cat food. Well when we got in there Colby wanted to go look at the kitties. So I went over there with him while Austin proceeded to shop. Well they had a Maine Coon...we haven't seen another Maine Coon up for adoption since we got Bailey. I called Austin over to check it out. I never thought that we would actually get him I just wanted him to see it. Well he fell in love...he thought we should get him. We talked it over while we waited on someone to let us go in and check him out. The decision was yes. I mean Bailey is almost 9 years old, Allie is 4, Colby is 3, and the baby is not due until december...so we can handle it! Plus its not like cats are that much trouble anyway. Well we got to hold him and check him out and he seemed really sweet. We already had plans though and promised to take Colby to Chickfila so we asked the girl if we could come back and get the cat. She said sure and we went ahead and paid for him. We only had to pay a dollar b/c he had been there so long. That affirmed to me even more it was the right decision. We didn't leave the house today thinking we would get a cat nor did I even think we would get one anytime soon. But I think we made the right choice. So we went ahead to eat at Chickfila. We almost turned around though b/c it was SO BUSY! I hate that our city only has 1 stand alone chickfila. It ended up being ok though we found a table and were able to eat. Colby was so tired though when we left he pitched a fit about the playground and balloons. We usually let him play and sometimes they give balloons. We had told him he could play this morning but we didn't know how busy the place would be and that we would have a cat waiting on us! So we got back to Petsmart and picked him up! He did well on the ride home and Colby was so excited to now have 2 cats!
update: The cat is doing well. He is settling in really well and seems to be really sweet. He curls up with me on the couch often and seems to really like to love on people. He is handling Colby's roughness very well also. Bailey seems ok with it not happy but not mad either. He tries to ignore him for the most part. Allie I think is having a harder time accepting the cat. Since we had Bailey first and brought her home as a puppy I'm not sure she even sees Bailey as a cat but she hates other cats. So she barks and chases him. she is finally starting to get better now at the end of the week. Beaux (the new cat) is scared of Allie and tries to intimidate Bailey...I think this will all go away soon they have to get used to each other eventually! So yes now we are a circus around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment