Monday, August 22, 2011

It's a GIRL Weeks 21-24

Well we officially found out today we are having a girl! We are so excited! Lindsay Anne Westbrook will be joining our family in December! I am very happy about having a girl but I would have been equally excited to have another boy! But its awesome to think we get to raise one of each. Not sure if we are done now but I feel good knowing that if we are I will get both a boy and a girl! It will be exciting to find out the joys of both! Ofcourse we would have been just as happy to have another boy...obviously boys are pretty cool too!
The ultrasound showed that our baby girl is doing great. She's growing great she was 1 lbs 10 oz. She is within 6 days of her due date. It also showed us how active she is! She was bouncing all over the place. That was fun to see b/c Colby was always sleeping during his big ultrasound sessions! The tech also confirmed that she is breach hence all the kicking into my bladder and pelvic bone. Since she will be a csection that doesn't really matter plus at this point she could turn 100 times before the due date!
Everything else is going great as well. I have gained a total of 9 lbs. I don't think that is bad at all. I think with Colby I had gained atleast 20 by now. I am hoping to keep it under 20 total this time around. My blood pressure was a little high but I think since everything else is so good they have learned that its nerves. I take it at home and its been fine. It was high approaching the doc appointment but I think that was anxiety.
I am thinking she will be born sometime between December 5-9 since the 11th is a Sunday.
We have done a little shopping now that we found out. I bought her first little dress for church. Its a newborn Christmas dress. I figure when she makes her debut at church or a Christmas function she will have on that! We also shopped Tuesday and picked out her bedding. Its from PB kids and its pink and brown with little birds. I don't think we will do a huge theme in her room b/c we just got the bumper, skirt, and a sheet. We will do pinks and browns but no set theme other then that. I have also ordered a few things from Gymboree. I have been holding off placing an order for fall stuff for Colby until we knew so now they both have some really cute wintery stuff!
I am so thankful so far for a healthy baby and pregnancy. I continue to pray that there are no issues. I am not sure how much Colby understands as of yet. He talks about baby sister now. I think he's excited in a way. I try not to talk about it too much just enough that he knows its going to happen but not so he feels pushed aside. So that's all my updates for now! I go back in 3 weeks for the glucose test so praying that all goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment