Friday, August 26, 2011

Dentist/Date Day

Colby had a dentist appointment this past Wednesday. He has been going since he was 1 and had an appointment every 6 months. He used to hate it and scream and cry the whole time. The last time we went when he was 2 1/2 though he did better but he still wasn't too happy about the situation. I felt like he would do better this time though b/c he has done well at all his appointments the doctor and haircuts! He is able to understand now and we talk about it before he goes. I told him to be a big boy and he would get a treat. He understood that if he didn't cry or fuss he would get something special. The past times he has gone he has always sat in my lap and the dentist would come in and quickly clean/check his teeth. I wondered now since he was 3 though if he would start going in like a big boy. Sure enough a hygenist came to get him. I was allowed back there with him though thank goodness! I couldn't send him off alone at only 3. She told him to sit in the chair like a big boy! And he did...he seemed a little nervous at first but he never did fuss or cry. He sat there like a big boy. He had trouble keeping his mouth open but everytime they would tell him to open up he would say AHHH....he did really well. The dentist then came in after they were all clean and checked them. She said he had all (20) teeth and they looked great! I am so glad he has good teeth so far! I never had cavities until I reached adulthood so I hope he follows! He couldn't wait to get down and get his balloon though! I was so proud of how he did. He got his balloon and we left to get our promised treat. I was meeting a friend with her little girl at the mall so I was going to get him beignets.
On our way there though his balloon must have had a hole in it b/c he began to cry and ask me to fix it. I turned around and it was almost all deflated. Poor baby he was so happy about that balloon too I felt awful. I told him we would get a new one at home b/c we still have some helium and balloons left from his b-day party. He said he wanted one from the dentist. I told him I would have daddy stop by and pick one up on his way home from work....we really just blew one up here and pretended it came from there. He was brokenhearted too. He sniffled and tried not to cry and be a big boy! Once we got to the mall though he was happy again. We ate our beignets first and sat by the fountain. He scarfed down 1 1/2 and drank some chocolate milk. I think he was in little boy heaven! Afterwards we went to the rides and play area. Ofcourse he had a blast! It was fun watching him play while I visited with another mom. He even made friends with another little girl and her grandma. Somehow he got them to let him ride some rides for free! he's a charmer what can I say?
Anyway it was a fun outting for me and him! I am very proud of how he did at the dentist! I also love going on little dates with him and know I have to really enjoy them now b/c he will only be the "only child" for so much longer. But even after baby sister arrives I want to still do things just me and him! There will always be a special bond between a mother and son!



No comments:

Post a Comment