Sunday, August 12, 2012

A glance at our week...

We have had a nice week around here...it was one of those weeks that I thought wouldn't be busy but then quickly filled up with things to do!
Monday I had to take Beaux to the vet for his annual checkup. My mom came over to watch Lindsay. I technically probably could have handled Colby, Lindsay, and the cat if L was in a stroller but it would have been crazy. It was nice of my mom to come keep Lindsay. Colby really enjoyed going to the vet. He has always done so well on errands! I look forward to this coming year with Lindsay while he is in school her becoming my errand buddy. I thought it would be a really educational experience for Colby. He is understanding more and more and has more questions about things. I talked to him and told him Beaux had to have a checkup like he did a month ago. He was excited about going and wanted to bring his stuffed cat and dog with us. I think the vet office got a hoot out of him. He asked a lot of questions and talked with them. He acted so grown up! They even took the vet bunny out of the cage and let him pet her! The rest of the day was pretty low key for us!
Tuesday we had our house cleaner coming over. These days are best for us to get out the house especially Colby and it won't be long now with Lindsay crawling that I will need to get them both out! I decided to bring Colby over to my parent's house to swim. Lindsay and I didn't stay I decided we needed to come back home so she could be on her regular nap schedule. Plus the morning was a little rough for us all. Its always a hectic day...I love having the clean house but its hard having to work around someone all day. It will be easier when Lindsay can stay out longer and we pretty much just come home for her to take a nap. Colby came home around 5 then we just waited on Austin to get back home.
Wednesday I needed to go to Lakeside to get a gift for Maggie's birthday. My mom kept Lindsay so I could take Colby on a special outting. I really try as often as I can to take him out by himself. I know this summer we haven't gotton to do as much fun stuff as we usually would. I figured he would enjoy a morning at the mall though. Casee and Jax met us there which made it more fun! We brought the boys to Stride Rite first to get their feet measured. We try to bring Colby there atleast once a year to check his foot size. He has been wearing shoes for about a year. His foot measured to be a size 10 which is exactly what he's wearing. I will probably order him size 11 though soon for the fall. After the shoe store we let the boys go check out the Disney Store. This was ofcourse their favorite! They both got a little car as a treat. We also found some shirts for Shelbi and Maggie for their upcoming Disney trip and got Colby 2 shirts for our upcoming cruise. We then went to eat lunch. I think the boys enjoyed sitting together and eating their chicken. After lunch we took them to the fountain and PB kids to run off some energy. It was a fun outting for Colby and I. I think going with a friend made it even more fun for him and I. I was glad to have a special day with Colby before he starts back to school. We went back to my parent's to pick up Lindsay and visited for a bit before coming home.
Thursday was a VERY busy day for me. I had grocery shopping on my agenda. Casee had offered to let Colby come play while I shopped. It was nice that he got to have fun instead of do grocery shopping with me. Its always easier just to have 1 kid. It made for a busy morning though getting him dropped off, shopping, picking him up, unloading grocies, then making lunch for 2 kids. I was glad for naptime. I also had to spend the afternoon cleaning and packing for our trip. Colby seemed to have a good time with Jax. I am glad he's getting old enough to do that type thing. Look for an update on our trip next!

No comments:

Post a Comment